Progress and Setback all on one head (Pics Included)

angelc

Hi Ladies,

I had a chance to get my hair done today and while I was pleased with the progress I've made (see siggy) my edges are a mess.:wallbash:

My edges have been problematic for me for some time. They have always been somewhat see through and a little thin.

I have attached pics and need advice. I am not sure what I can do with them. You really can't see how bad they are with my hair 'done', but when pulled back the damage is evident.

I normally don't wear my own hair, for the past few months I have been doing I protective style with wigs. I am in month 8 of my transition. I use a satin strip around my edges and then put on a wig cap. I moisturize daily with Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 and seal with Kemi Oyl.

I just bought Total Transformations Smooth Edges today in hopes that this will help. Any thoughts or ideas of how I can fix this...thanks for any help and feed back!

Attachments

• DSCN3059.jpg
    DSCN3059.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN3056.jpg
    DSCN3056.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN3063.jpg
    DSCN3063.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN3088.jpg
    DSCN3088.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 169
Do you know what the cause is? It looks like relaxer damage (overprocessed hair)....is your hair relaxed?

Do you braid your hair under the wigs? Could it be tension causing the problem?

Do you know what the cause is? It looks like relaxer damage (overprocessed hair)....is your hair relaxed?

Do you braid your hair under the wigs? Could it be tension causing the problem?

Thanks for your reply...I am in month 8 of my transition. So, it very well could be relaxer damage. I usually do 3 or 4 cornrows (as best as I can-I'm a terrible braider) under the wig...

Yeah make sure you part it and get it all up in there-you don't need a lot-I only do it like twice a week and Will never stop. It seems like I have focused on the bad side so much that now it looks better that my good side...LOL-good luck sweetie!

Yeah make sure you part it and get it all up in there-you don't need a lot-I only do it like twice a week and Will never stop. It seems like I have focused on the bad side so much that now it looks better that my good side...LOL-good luck sweetie!

I'm *on it*, heading to beauty supply store today! Thanks so much!!!:grin:

Be careful with brushes if you use them at all. I had to throw mine away and my edges thanked me for it.:lachen:

I have used Hicks for a while and I wouldn't suggest it if your edges are weak and thinning. After a day or so, the Hicks will dry out your edges something aweful. The best thing you can do for your edges is stay away from heavy products.

My edges were suffering from relaxer damage too. Now they are really filling in nicely. I am almost 6 months post relaxer. I massasged my edges twice a day. I moisturize and seal daily. I also started applying a mix of MN and Evoo/evco twice a day. I've noticed more growth in just two weeks. I actually have baby hairs in a spot that has been bare for years now. Good luck!

I've seen some people use castor oil on their edges to stimulate hair growth. I don't know your regimen, but my guess is that the wig for protective styling is causing tension in that area.

BTW my sister tends to lose her edges whenever she's stressed out. Are you going through any stress right now?

I've seen some people use castor oil on their edges to stimulate hair growth. I don't know your regimen, but my guess is that the wig for protective styling is causing tension in that area.

BTW my sister tends to lose her edges whenever she's stressed out. Are you going through any stress right now?

Just the every day normal life stresses...I think I am going to lay off the wigs (...although I hate doing my hair) for a bit and take care of this setback.

Thanks ladies!

Back