Professional Counseling Question

gone_fishing

If you were going to go to grief/marriage counseling, would you go to your church (mine is really big and it's not like a teeny weeny church and gossip is not an issue) or would you prefer a professional counselor (whom you cannot be certain is God-centered). :ohwell:

My insurance company will cover behavioral health services so I'm not worried about the cost. Of course, my church would offer it for free.

What would you seek out and why?

Last edited:
I would seek out a pastor/priest. A person of the church can better understand the religious motivations behind what you are feeling. "Outsiders" try to disregard religion as a basis for feeling wrong (IME). Since you are a religious person I think you should seek out someone who can understand your POV.

I was thinking about you this weekend Adequate. How are you doing?

Either church or a Christian counseling service. I have been to a Christian counselor before and it was covered by my insurance.

I would go see my pastor or a Christian based counseling service. I just think that I would have the most success getting over grief or any other kind of issue with scriptures to help me because I just can’t do it without God. I saw your thread and I hope you are doing ok. I’ve had a similar experience and I wish I had sought counseling.

Back