Products that Serve Dual Purposes? Long

HairBearerCare

Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone’s day went well. I just wanted to ask if anyone here have hair products that serve dual or multiple purposes and if so how do you use them. For example I have a product called Dr. Woods Shea Vision, http://www.drwoodsproducts.com/. It is an all-natural product that can be used as a facial wash, shower gel, hair shampoo and bubble bath. I love it. If I am in a rush I will hope in the shower, wash my body face and hair with it! (Oh and I just found out that it is great for shaving too! It fades away most superficial blemishes that I may have on my body plus gets my hair clean and leaves it with a little bit of moisture (defiantly need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner for max results of course J ) Ingredients and uses found here: http://www.webvitamins.com/product.aspx?id=22617&wvaid=IN&term=osmx .

Another example is the lotions I use. They contain all natural ingredients as well. So again if I am in a rush I can use the lotion as a body moisturizer and a second hair conditioner (second to Giovanni direct leave in of course J) and then both my hair and body feel so soft and smooth and I smell yummy from head to toe J Umm lemme see.. the essential oils that I use are used on both my hair and body… and things like coconut oil that I use internally and externally! Boy this will save lots of space in my bags when trips come along, if I carry two or three bottles that have additional benefits then I am happy! (And so is anybody else that comes along for the trip because my product bag can get pretty big lol) But yea, from now on I am going to try just taking things with me that serve dual purposes. Some times they are a bit pricey (the all natural products) but if you get multiple uses out of them then I say why not?

So what products do you use in your hair that you might also use for something else?:drunk:

I thought it was just me:look:...lol!
I ran out of moisturizer and wound up using my Coconut Body Butter fron The Body Shop on my wet hair and sealed with Castor Oil. I think this may be a keeper!

Food grade aloe vera gel : skin, in dc, scalp mixture
Elucence mb: mix sometimes in dc, leave in/daily moisturizer both diluted in a spray bottle.
oils: prepoo, dc, roller set, skin
any poo I don't like= shaving gel, additive for footbath
avocado butter: skin, hair
biosilk serum: body oil (my hair hated it and I refuse to waste the big bottle)

Last edited:
Most moisturizing conditioners can be used on wet or dry hair. Lot's of stuff out of the kitchen, EVOO, eggs, mayo, baking soda, ACV, dish detergent. Shea butter, aloe, peppermint oil, jojoba oil, etc. Most oils. I have used my facial moisturizer on the ends of my hair.

Back