Products that refuse to allow hair straightening

soslychic

I don't know if there has been a topic on this before but I noticed that certain moisturizers or leave-ins when applied to the hair even while wet and then allowed to completely dry will absolutely not allow the hair to be straightened afterwards. Products with glycerin such as s-curl and daily doctor (which are my two FAVORITE moisturizers for protective or curly styles), will not allow me to straighten my hair.
The other day I applied some s curl after washing and conditioning and allowed my hair to airdry. Forgetting that I had done this, I took my maxiglide and attempted to straighten a section in the back. I couldnt understand why nothing was happening. It was just turning poufy and starting to smell burnt! Alarmed I gave it some thought and realized that I had used scurl as a moisturizer.

Have you guys run into any products that won't allow you to straighten your hair afterwards? What products do you use as a moisturizer/leave-in on wet hair after washing when you plan on flat ironing or hot combing? I need something that is very moisturizing but at the same time allows me to straighten. Thanks! :)

l0l I learned the hard way too..I have ntm and sta so fro and i was trying to str8in my hair and it wouldn't...soo I had to blow dry some parts dry and it came out better but that Ntm left my hair feeling so soft...i was in aww for like 30 minutes l0l

I leave a little conditioner on the ends of my hair when I'm wearing co-washed buns. If I do that before a rollerset it's disaster.

Back