Products for 2B hair

alireno

I have had a great deal of success using Profectiv products for about the past month or month and a half. Just wondering what other products all of you with 2B hair use. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's not my picture, it's Tamala Jones the actress. She is my hair idol. My hair is healthy though, I'll post pics in March.

Oh! Sorry about that. I don't think I have a hair idol just yet. Guess I should give it some thought. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
alireno said:
I have had a great deal of success using Profectiv products for about the past month or month and a half. Just wondering what other products all of you with 2B hair use. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm bumping this for you hoping Jade21 sees it because I believe she has type 2 hair. But I don't know the products she uses.

Hope she sees it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi, Alireno /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tara was right: My eyes perked up when I saw this thread. As far as I know, there are at least 5 other 2b's who post fairly regularly.

A big welcome to you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't know what issues you have with your hair, but with me, my scalp tends to get oily and my hair tends to get dry, especially in the winter. I like rich, creamy moisturizing conditioners and try to stick with mild shampoos, so the oil there doesn't go wild.

Most of the conditioners I use are Aubrey Organics: Island Spice Cream Rinse, Jojoba &amp; Aloe Rejuvenating, GPB (protein treatments), Honeysuckle Rose, Swimmers. I also like Elucence which you hear a lot of the ladies rave about....great detangler for my hair. More mainstream conditioners which I like fall into the Clairol Fruit Fusions line..the Hydrating is wonderful and is utterly inexpensive.

For shampoos, I like the Aubrey J.A.Y. (jojoba, yucca, aloe), Gary Null's Heavenly Hair Cleanser. I tend to experiment more with shampoos than conditioners, but I also like Cream of Nature (red bottle) for Normal Hair. Same with John Masters Organics 2-in-1 sage/zinc shampoo. I also like shampoo bars like Burt's Bees Rosemary and Mint (very invigorating and moisturizing) and goat's milk and coconut milk bars.

For leave-ins, it's either Neutrogena or Infusium 23. These work great for my hair and enhance the wave formation.

For styling gels, Aubrey's Ginkgo-Ginseng moisturizing jelly or John Masters Organics one w/silk protein. I really like it!

Let me know what else you've tried and like.

Cheers and Joy to you,

Jade

Back