Productos Dominicanos en SW Detroit!

sengschick

The Bun Master
Hola Chicas!

Yup, we got 'em too!!!
grin.gif
I forget that we live in such a culturally diverse area & I'm "Impatient Ida" waiting on orders to arrives drives me crazy. So I took a little drive yesterday to SW (a bit deeper than the popular Mexican Village restaurant area) and found a beauty supply that had the goods! I was so busy looking like this
shocked.gif
& this
grin.gif
(& being questioned about my national origin, they were determined that I must have been Dominican, esp since I was buying Lacio Lacio
laugh.gif
) that I forgot to write the product names down!!! It was a mental health day
crazy.gif
... so forgive me. I checked sickbay.biz to see if I recognized anything, and did see a few things, but most of her stuff was different. She also carries Paul Mitchell, Sebastian's, Motions, etc.

Items I found:
*Salerm Shampoo, Balsam Protein Conditioner, WheatGerm Oil Mask (no 21, but you can get it @ Hartlet's Salon on Springwells @ McGraw)
*Nacidit
*Greit 'Oil 12 en 1 Conditioner
*Lacio Lacio
*conditioners w/silk worms, avocado and an interesting line of honey based products (the honeycomb actually)
*lots of stuff that said "hair straighteners" but were creamy conditioners it seemed

I'll go back this weekend and record the names of products, then update. I bought the Salerm WheatGerm Mask and the Lacio Lacio leave-in for under $25. The mask was $14.99 and the Lacio was around $7 (no price and I bought other stuff so I'm not sure). Anyhoo, I liked both, but I shampooed and clarified so I can't give a full review until I wash again. I do think the Lacio Lacio will be replacing my Aveda Brilliance. And the minute the mask touched my hair it felt baby soft
happy22.gif

Anyhoo, you know how we do.... there's no real name, the store just says Beauty Supply and Gift Store. It's more of a bad dollar store than a BSS, and the BS section is small, but it was still Dominican PJ heaven for me. Only wish I had a pocket translator.
ohwell.gif
Anyhoo, it's on the corner of W Vernor @ Springwells (Springwells dead ends into Vernor and if you turn left it's on the corner... can't miss it). Again, I was being less that bright yesterday
tongue.gif
... so I'll post the name of the closest side street after my next visit. Just wanted to share the little jewel I discovered.
wink.gif

Hey Stacia! Yup
smile.gif
, I live in Indian Village, but at the moment I'm @ the j-o-b in A2
ohwell.gif
. Since I've gotcha here, we're planning to meet in July. Check the area meetings board.

OMG.... I wanna go to this store. sengschick, directions please?! OMG... because I hate waiting and giving my credit card number and all that at online stores.

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:
OMG.... I wanna go to this store. sengschick, directions please?! OMG... because I hate waiting and giving my credit card number and all that at online stores.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both!!! I like to sample stuff before I buy too.
laugh.gif
Okay, I'm not the best on directions but I'll do my best. I took I-75 South to Springwells exit. I made a right (as I was approaching from downtown (N, right?)) onto Springwells and took it to W. Vernor. There's a Comerica on the left-hand corner and a Rite-Aid or something w/a fence on your right. There's a light at the intersection. From the intersection you can see the store just ahead and to your left on Vernor. Make the left turn at the light and then turn right at the first street once you're on Vernor. From looking @ Mapquest, it appears that the street is called Carson St. But again, you can see the sign on the building from the intersection.

Oooohkay. So basically you're sayin' it's in the hood? HeeHee. J/K. If I'm on Vernor then I might have to stop by Sicily's and get a pizza. Now my lil' "friend" is taking me out for dinner and drinks. (75 million calories) Pizza? (100 million calories) Nah... I'll just go buy hair supplies. (0 calories)

Ooh, I'm so excited! I knew you'd find it. I cannot wait until I get paid next week. Is it down the street from Harlet's? She's on Springwells, too.
Thanks, Sengschick for finding it!
notworthy.gif

GET OUT OF HERE! I had been wanting some of those products for the longest but didn't want to bother going through the ordering process. I guess I will be going to find them this weekend.

Okay Ladies, I did my homework!!! I have an addresses & yes, GSpurt, it's in the hood
laugh.gif
, but we're women and the latin men love to see us!! LOL.

Okay, so it's called Beauty Supply & Gift, 7946 W. Vernor (next to Al Wissam
crazy.gif
... now I feel ghetto for making that reference...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but it is!!). I even have a phone number, though she speaks little English... let me look... 313.843.3370. She opens @ 10a... don't ask why I didn't look for closing
ohwell.gif
. She has just about everything you've heard discussed here or at least something from that company.
smile.gif

Okay, here are the other biggies that she carries:
deLino (serum)
Lafier: Poo/Conditioner
Henna Queen: Several Different Conditioners
Miss Key Placenta Conditioner "Straight Hair"
Tropical: Poo/Conditioner/Carrot Oil Treatment
Propolis Honey: Poo/Conditioners
Nacidit: Conditioners (poo too maybe... I forget to look for poos) in olive, avocado & wheat germ. She even has these in the huge tubs...salon sized!!!
(Bio-) Star: Crystal de Sabila (aloe) Conditioner (this is the company that makes Lacio Lacio which she also has in a small travel/sample size too!)
Sedal
Praital

Oh, yeah..... I bought the last Salerm 21 from Harlet's so don't bother.
laugh.gif
Call to see when she'll get more!

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:
Oooohkay. So basically you're sayin' it's in the hood? HeeHee. J/K. If I'm on Vernor then I might have to stop by Sicily's and get a pizza. Now my lil' "friend" is taking me out for dinner and drinks. (75 million calories) Pizza? (100 million calories) Nah... I'll just go buy hair supplies. (0 calories)

[/ QUOTE ]

@ GSpurt:
lachen70.gif
Yup
smile.gif
Hair Supplies
smile.gif
... much kinder to the waist line.
Sicily's, eh? I didn't know anyone went to Mexican Village for anything other than Mexican food?
cool.gif
Maybe I'll try it ou... -35 lbs from now.
ohwell.gif

@Tippy: Yes, darling, no need to order.
grin.gif

@Tai: No, it's not. Harlet's is off of 94, this is off of 75. Some how my S/O got me there, but he knows Detroit. Me on the other hand....
huh.gif
"me-not-so-good".
nono.gif
I drove up and down Springwells 3 times looking for Harlet's! Springwells, stops and starts. If you know were Armando's is... it's that part of Vernor and Springwell's will cross it.

[ QUOTE ]
GrowthSpurt said:
No she didn't say Al Wissam.... 3 for $10 shoes and 2 for $40 shearling coats.
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
Isn't that crazy?! What are they doing over there?!
laugh.gif
Well, at least a landmark you can read & comprehend!
grin.gif

bumping for updates
I tried to go to this store yesterday and it has closed :wallbash:
Has anyone else found another place to buy dominican products in the Detroit area?

Back