product twins

kasey

Ok girls, I haven't been on the board much lately---so this may be old news.

I think I have discovered a product twin.

Pantene Smooth and Sleek is Clairol Renewal 5X for color treated and permed hair.

I was at Target yesterday and while walking down the conditioner aisle I noticed that the S & S was on sale for $2.99. I considered getting it but was not pressed as I have enough supplies. Then I started randomly reading the labels on conditioners that have been posted on the board. That is when I discovered that the S & S and the Clairol 5X for color treated hair have the same ingredients in the same order. The only difference is that S & S has panthenol and one other ingredient, and the Clairol has sodium chloride. Both are made by Proctor and Gamble.

I forgot to do the smell and consistency test but ladies check it out for your selves the next time you are at the store.

I have been interested in trying the S & S, but maybe now I'll just start with the Clairol. Sometimes its on sale at CVS for like one dollar.

--kasey

Hmmm sounds like the same stuff since cosmetics companies are secretly notorious for selling twins
scratchchin.gif

Thanks for the info Kasey. I wanted to try them both, but now I'll just pick one. Very, very helpful info indeed.
smile.gif

kasey,

I found that Pantene's Smooth and Sleek is also a twin for Pantene's Hydrating Curls. So maybe they're triplets?
laugh.gif

I think all the Pantene conditioners are just one big litter
smile.gif
LOL

I think I just discovered that L'Oreal Smooth Intense is the cheaper version of Matrix Sleek Look Products. The packaging is the same color and both are owned by L'Oreal USA.

We also discovered some time back that Elasta Breakage Control Serum is the same as Elucence Extended Moisture Repair.

Fun Thread!

Hi ladies.

I just got back from CVS and checked on the S &S and the Clairol 5X for color treated hair. There are different versions of the stuff. CVS had the Clairol 5X in the grey and lime green bottles. Those two do not have the same ingredients as S &S.

However at Target, the Clairol 5X was in a black bottle. This is the one that had the same ingredients as the S &S.

[ QUOTE ]
I think all the Pantene conditioners are just one big litter
smile.gif
LOL

I think I just discovered that L'Oreal Smooth Intense is the cheaper version of Matrix Sleek Look Products. The packaging is the same color and both are owned by L'Oreal USA.

We also discovered some time back that Elasta Breakage Control Serum is the same as Elucence Extended Moisture Repair.

Fun Thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed the Loreal Smooth Intense Serum is a dead ringer for Kerastase Anti Frizz serum. I have both and compared the ingredients. They both have identical 2 ingredients. The Kerastase just has a couple extra things but they really seem to read very similar and the consistancy of them is the same. I have yet to compare the performance of each though. I will one day. Kerastase (high end) is owned by Loreal and I've noticed you get seriously overlapping in ingredients listings of both product lines. e.g Kerastase smoothing mask and LUST.

BRH,

Someone also said that the Keratase Masque Intense is the same as L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme, except that the Keratase uses the Latin name for Sunflower Oil.

That doesn't suprise me. I have the Kerastase Macquintense. It'll be interesting to see if that is a duplicate too.

Anyone reading this who was thinking of trying Kerastase should def. consider trying Loreal as a cheaper alternative
laugh.gif

Re: Kenra product twins?

Are there "product twins" among the three lines that Kenra markets (i.e. Elasta QP, Elucence and their signature Kenra line)?

Next time I remember I'm taking the Macquintense with me into a store or just picking one up, walking over to the Loreal Natures Therapy line and having a good 'ol read of these ingredients side by side.... I'll do it with other products from both lines too....

this is a cool thread because I have seen a lot of high products I would like to try out but if they have a less expensive twin then that would be great. are there anymore twins out there? God bless you all.

Back