PRODUCT REVIEW:Long Aid Activator Gel for 4A/B HAIR

hottopic

Product review:

I am a 4a/b with texlaxed/relaxed hair. My ends are still bone straight and the rest of my hair is semi tight curls. I wanted to do a wash and go style that I can do almost everyday without drying out my hair. I tried Fantasia gel and scrunched but it came out looking like a hot mess. I tried S-curls and scrunched and it came out a little better. Then I tired Long Aid Activator Gel for Extra Dry Hair and WOW, what a difference. It came out very cute/ curly/ and very moist. Just wanted to share.

Original post: Original Post
318415.jpg

(THESE PICS ARE WITH MY CAMERA PHONE THIS MORNING OMG)
051107_0836-vi.jpg

051107_0837-vi.jpg

I just ordered this a couple days ago from beautyofnewyork..................cant wait to try it. I think I a becoming a gel junkie. I hated gels before joining LHCF. Now I love all these gels!

I love, love, love, love this gel!! It is the best. I never run out. I've tried all kinds of hair gel and I always go back to Long Aid. It's the most moisturizing gel there is, imo. It doesn't flake, it's not too greasy, and it never disappoints.

I love, love, love, love this gel!! It is the best. I never run out. I've tried all kinds of hair gel and I always go back to Long Aid. It's the most moisturizing gel there is, imo. It doesn't flake, it's not too greasy, and it never disappoints.

ITA Honeycomb!
I have gone through two jars of this stuff. I haven't tried it for a braid out though. I have to try that next. I use it to smooth my edges when I am bunning my hair.

Someone referred me to use this one when I asked about the Smooth n Shine curl activator b/c I was experiencing such dry hair-but I am unsure about the glycerin in the cold DRY alaskan winter....Is there anyone who has relaxed ends with newgrotwh and has lived in cold dry temperatures as low as -10 degrees that has tried using gel products like Longaid or S-curl and has had success? If so please spill the beans, my hair will be grateful! :drunk: To my surprise last night I saw Long-Aid on the shelf in the "ethnic" hair care aisle in big jars small jars and in 2 different "formulas" I was excited til I saw the 10 ounce jar was like $5 and knowing I only had like $45 to work with and I already had "stuff" in my cart I was like....let me get a full review befroe I buy(excuses,excuses) I guess with my cheapiness I will never aspire to be a full PJ ,especially with products like Joico-$$$:lachen:....but that's a good thing right?? lol! I would like a good review that way I can deem it a worthy purchase.Thanks in advance!

I picked this up while in Walmart today and put it down because I'm not quite ready for it. I'm only 3 months into transitioning. Will this help define curls like the Fantasia IC is suppose too? Please let me know because I'll scoop it up later on.

:yep: It sure is. I used to use Fantasia IC gel exclusively, but Ms. HoneyComb here is the reason why I tried Long Aid in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestions, Honeycomb.

:bighug:

i tired it and hated it! i like smooth n shine much better. long aid was too greasy for my tastes and on my hair and didnt define squat. plus the smell was nauseating after a while. i threw the tub out the next day.

okay so now i seriously want to try this

You hair curl looks like mine and this gel works wondrs onmy hair either straight out of a CW or just refresing my puff throughout the week with a spray bottle. I love this gel. This gel is perfect for wash and gos

I picked this up while in Walmart today and put it down because I'm not quite ready for it. I'm only 3 months into transitioning. Will this help define curls like the Fantasia IC is suppose too? Please let me know because I'll scoop it up later on.

Fantasia did not define my curls like Long Aid. It just wasn't the same.

love it...I use it as a cocktail along with Ecostyler gel and OH MY!!!!!...I was using kinky curly and it's seems to make my hair dull...This is the second time I have used kinky curlly with those results. I stopped using it back in July for having the same problem. I recently went back to it giving it the benefit of the doubt..Well, here again after about 2 or 3 weeks of using it daily it does the same thing...the knot today is fabalous underneth long aid actavator gel. I really can't see spending 30 dollars for a 16oz of gel that really does not work when I can spend less ten 7 dollars for 32oz of long aid and 32 oz of Ecostyler and get better results

love it...I use it as a cocktail along with Ecostyler gel and OH MY!!!!!...I was using kinky curly and it's seems to make my hair dull...This is the second time I have used kinky curlly with those results. I stopped using it back in July for having the same problem. I recently went back to it giving it the benefit of the doubt..Well, here again after about 2 or 3 weeks of using it daily it does the same thing...the knot today is fabalous underneth long aid actavator gel. I really can't see spending 30 dollars for a 16oz of gel that really does not work when I can spend less ten 7 dollars for 32oz of long aid and 32 oz of Ecostyler and get better results

O RLY?

I LOVE my ecostyler as is, but what does this do for you to boost ecostyler's job? Thanks! :D

when I use the long aid along with the eco, it just makes my hair curl better, and more definition:yay::yay:.....I just co wash, use a leave in (knot today just a little), and apply the eco first, then i use the long aid..works great together

Another gel.....Again for moisturising purposes or to "slick" a style in place, but if you have spongy, fluffy (cotton) or tight-coiled (wool) textured hair, no gel can give one waves and curls naturally that did not exist in the first place unless, unless you have a texturiser or do a twist or braid out (but it won't wave or curl up the front and doesn't look like a natural curl/wave but just as pretty). For women with spongy hair with some curls and waves the most these gels and other products can do is just make the wiry curls hang more.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I was just in another thread about activator, and I saw this one after I mentioned Long Aid Activator for Extra Dry Hair. I loved loved loved this stuff back in the day, so I'm on to getting me some as soon as the store open. I know hydrating well is a process, just like with the curls (being that I'm all natural) do anyone wear a bag on their head? My hair is so short, I'm thinking I got to wear the plastic cap again--I don't mind really.

And DD12's hair is tha bizness!!!

Back