Product Review: John Frieda Ripple Effect

Lindy

I used this last night. I put in my JF Relax Retexturizing Serum, then sprayed my hair with Motions Leave-In, ran some Kiehl's Silk Groom all thru my hair, then sprayed with the Ripple Effect.

Well, as it was drying, I scrunched and scrunched, and it looked pretty cute. I DEFINITELY was getting ripples. Not waves, small ripples. It was about 80% dry when I went to bed. My fiance came in and he didn't comment on my hair so I said "Does my hair look bad?" He said, No, it's really soft, and it smells good." (Hmmm...
confused.gif
no comment about how it looks though, huh??
laugh.gif
) I told him I used something different on it and he said, Oh, it looks more frizzy. I said, OK.... That's not quite the look I was going for!! Then he said, No, no, you know I don't know that vocabulary too well, I meant wavy... (Yeah, sure you did...
tongue.gif
)

I had been planning on taking a picture of it so I could post it in my hair journey, but at that point I was disgusted with the way it was looking, so I didn't!!
laugh.gif

SOOOOO, this morning it was looking pretty bad (some parts were ripply and others were just plain bushy, and all in all it was just DRY!!) So I'm doing a condition wash and I'm going to just dry it in a bun or something.

OH WELL...

Does anyone know the secret of getting good results with this product??? If so, please let me in on it!!
wink.gif

Hey Lindy
wave.gif
...I had a similar experience when I used this product also. My hair was very dry and frizzy looking. I don't ever plan on experimenting with this one again
frown.gif

Hey Lindy, we talked about this "Ripple" stuff before... well, based on the results of your current usage, I'm staying away from this stuff
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info
smile.gif

I used it last summer with Kiehls Silk Groom and quite liked it but I think there is something better out there so I'll be doing a little research...

I used this crap when I heard about it on the board. It messed my hair up. I took it back to Target and got my $6 back!

Peachtree,

That was the John Frieda Dream Curls that we talked about. I'm planning on trying that one again too - I'll let you know how that goes...
smirk.gif
(Something tells me it probably won't be much better than the Ripple Effect...
look.gif
) I just don't think my hair does well with that "scrunching" business
frown.gif
. I think the twist-outs work better for me. I do think I'd have more success if my hair was all the same length though
smile.gif
. You should try it; I bet your hair would look nice!! My hair is so much shorter in the front that it looks weird. I'm SO impatient for it to grow at least to chin length!!
mad.gif

Oh, yeah that was it...."Dream Curls"
laugh.gif
... oops
laugh.gif
!
Alright, well, I'll wait to hear your update on it
smile.gif

Thx for the correction kiddo
cool.gif

Lindy,

If you try the Dream Curls again, try this, in this order:

1. I use a leave in. Whatever leave in you like is fine unless it has any crunch. Use something with no crunch.
2. I use a quarter sized amount of KeraCare Silken Seal or whatever heavy-ish shine serum I have on hand (not the L'Oreal Smooth Intense in other words - a heavier one).
3. I use L'Oreal Taming Creme (your Kiehls will work too - same purpose, a heavyish creme to tame and smooth the curls and reduce frizz) - about a quarter sized amount smoothed through the hair.
4. I tie my edges with a satiny scarf and spray in the Dream Curls LIBERALLY. I use about 20 pumps of it.

Note: I leave my hair soaking wet before I apply the products.

After I apply them I do NOT TOUCH my hair AT ALL. I don't scrunch at ALL until my hair is only slightly damp. It takes about an hour if I'm in the house, about a half hour if I go outside in the air and the sun. But my hair is mostly dry when I do this. The order and products types are important. So is not touching the hair. The less I touch my hair as it dries, the more defined my curls are and the less frizz I get. HTH
smile.gif

P.S. A pic of my curls using this exact method is in the gallery.

[ QUOTE ]
I used this crap when I heard about it on the board. It messed my hair up. I took it back to Target and got my $6 back!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... It didn't work for me whatsoever. No ripples nor curls at all.

Chichi
bdance.gif

I used this product for the first time today since it was raining and it came out lovely. Well my hair was already dirty and I didn't really feel like washing it, so I put it in a low pony tail and just sprayed some on the loose part of my hair. I've had it in since this morning and I still have waves at 10PM. My hair didn't dry out because I oil the ends everyday. A friend of mine with type 3A hair told me it works best for her right after she washes her hair, but she uses it alone. Do you think that you may be using too many products in your hair when you use JF Ripple Effect?

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree,
That was the John Frieda Dream Curls that we talked about. I'm planning on trying that one again too - I'll let you know how that goes...
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachtree, I tried the Dream Curls this morning and it actually came out pretty nice!!! It made a big difference washing my hair in the morning and wearing the style during the day, than doing it at night. (It dries out SOO much overnight)

I followed Tracy's directions exactly (thanks, girl!!
kiss.gif
) and I actually didn't scrunch my hair at all; I just left it alone the whole time while it dried and it really dried with a lot of waves!!

I posted a few pictures in my hair album (they're on the second page); as you can see, my camera isn't the best, & I took the pics myself, but you can get the general idea of how it came out!!

To me, this is just another nice option for airdrying w/o the bother of doing twists.
trampoline.gif
I haven't done a rollerset in a month!!

Lindy, Thanks for remembering to give me an update luv... cuz I certainly forgot.
laugh.gif

Wooow wee... after seeing your pics (gorgeous, gorgeous)...I can't wait to try this "dream curls". I'm gonna buy it on my next grocery store run... I see it there all of the time.

Spill the beans... what are "Tracy's directions"?

BTW, I love your "head band" look. U look soooo pretty in that pic.
smile.gif

Thanks Peachtree!! Tracy's instructions are in this thread, I think they're on the first page. I KNOW your hair will look gorgeous when you use this stuff!!! Pls. be sure to post some pictures when you use it!!
smile.gif

I found Tracy's tips... thanks dear. Yes, I'll be sure to post some pics of it... whether it comes out nicely or not
crazy.gif
... lets just hope it turns out nice
smile.gif

Back