Product Review: Ion Extreme Moisture Nuturing Creme...AMAZING

clarity2008

Lately my hair has been very dry. Yesterday, I went to Sally's for a new DC because my Silk Elements was not cutting it. I saw this product...
http://www.sallybeauty.com/deep-conditioner/SBS-302268,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair02

I was hesitant to purchase because I had not heard anything about it. I am soo glad I did. I DC'd with this conditioner and it blew Silk Elements out of the water. My hair came out incredibly soft and bouncy.:lick: This will be my new staple. I have been using Kenra MC for a while and wanted to find something comparable without spending $15 a bottle. This stuff was amazing. It is SUPER thick and creamy. Even my SO asked how I had gotten my hair so soft and shiney. My hair has NEVER EVER felt this great. I noticed a huge difference in my hair after one use. I just wanted to give you ladies a heads up on this one, its a keeper. Not to mention the price is great. My only complaint is that it needs to come in a larger bottle. Please do not sleep on this product. At 7 bucks a bottle you don't really have much to lose. :yep:

ETA
I did a protein treatment this morning and used this to DC and my hair came out delicious! And very little breakage which is RARE for me. I think I'm in love.

Last edited:
This looks good. I wish I lived close to a Sally's. I'll keep this in mind because I'm on the hunt for a perfect moisturizing DC.

Isn't it great when you find products that make your hair look and feel amazing? I will have to keep this product on the backburner for the next time I am suffering from PJism.:rolleyes:

Isn't it great when you find products that make your hair look and feel amazing? I will have to keep this product on the backburner for the next time I am suffering from PJism.:rolleyes:

It is wonderful. I was literally in shock when I blow dried my hair and it was sooo soft and shiney. This stuff is like SUPER moisture. When you need a new DC, you should def. give this one a try. It would probably work really well after a protein treatment or relaxer/touch up.

It is wonderful. I was literally in shock when I blow dried my hair and it was sooo soft and shiney. This stuff is like SUPER moisture. When you need a new DC, you should def. give this one a try. It would probably work really well after a protein treatment or relaxer/touch up.
I'm going to purchase this tommorrow. I was going to Sally's anyway to get some Good Day Hair Pins, so I will pick up a bottle, give my review over the weekend.

Thanks for the review!

Wow... what a shame, i got a free sample of this when i bought my GVP iron and I threw it in the trash because I'd never heard of it...

Thanks Girl, for this review! I saw this the other day and was wondering how it was? I have, and love the Ion Intensive Protein/MoistureTreatment. It is also a really great product.:yep:

I will definitely be adding this to my list of products to try. I'm always in the market for a Good Conditioner. And, I've always had success with Ion products.

Do you know if this the one in the Purple & Silver Tube?

Thanks Girl, for this review! I saw this the other day and was wondering how it was? I have, and love the Ion Intensive Protein/MoistureTreatment. It is also a really great product.:yep:

I will definitely be adding this to my list of products to try. I'm always in the market for a Good Conditioner. And, I've always had success with Ion products.

Do you know if this the one in the Purple & Silver Tube?

I've tried several products in the Ion line and have never been disappointed. This one is in the pink and white tube, the anti frizz solutions design. Hope you like it!

Ok, went to Sally's and purchased it.:grin:

As I was at the register, the girl was reading it, looked at me, looked at my hair and said "ummm, you should use this!" It was Silk Elements Olive Oil Conditioner. I told her "no, that's ok...I'll just take this, thank you." She then shook her head and said..."I'm sorry, but people be buying the wrong stuff...I'm just saying.":lachen:

I said to her "well, I know what I want and I know what to buy, so could you just ring up my stuff...I need to get back to work.":lachen:

You have to love people....and I do!

Ok, went to Sally's and purchased it.:grin:

As I was at the register, the girl was reading it, looked at me, looked at my hair and said "ummm, you should use this!" It was Silk Elements Olive Oil Conditioner. I told her "no, that's ok...I'll just take this, thank you." She then shook her head and said..."I'm sorry, but people be buying the wrong stuff...I'm just saying.":lachen:

I said to her "well, I know what I want and I know what to buy, so could you just ring up my stuff...I need to get back to work.":lachen:

You have to love people....and I do!

Girl, You are so Right. That's exactly how they be actin':lachen: Up in there! That's the only way to get out of their with your sanity is to say you are on your lunch hour. And I just thought of something.....Isn't Silk Elements their Brand?

Now it makes sense, when I tried to buy something, they would always show me the Silk Elements Version. And I'm Not saying SE isn't a good product......:look:

Girl, You are so Right. That's exactly how they be actin':lachen: Up in there! That's the only way to get out of their with your sanity is to say you are on your lunch hour. And I just thought of something.....Isn't Silk Elements their Brand?

Now it makes sense, when I tried to buy something, they would always show me the Silk Elements Version. And I'm Not saying SE isn't a good product......:look:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:...girrrrllllll...they crack me up!:lachen:

Yes, Silk Elements is their brand....it is a good product, but I didn't want that....:lachen:

Lately my hair has been very dry. Yesterday, I went to Sally's for a new DC because my Silk Elements was not cutting it. I saw this product...
http://www.sallybeauty.com/deep-conditioner/SBS-302268,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair02

I was hesitant to purchase because I had not heard anything about it. I am soo glad I did. I DC'd with this conditioner and it blew Silk Elements out of the water. My hair came out incredibly soft and bouncy.:lick: This will be my new staple. I have been using Kenra MC for a while and wanted to find something comparable without spending $15 a bottle. This stuff was amazing. It is SUPER thick and creamy. Even my SO asked how I had gotten my hair so soft and shiney. My hair has NEVER EVER felt this great. I noticed a huge difference in my hair after one use. I just wanted to give you ladies a heads up on this one, its a keeper. Not to mention the price is great. My only complaint is that it needs to come in a larger bottle. Please do not sleep on this product. At 7 bucks a bottle you don't really have much to lose. :yep:

ETA
I did a protein treatment this morning and used this to DC and my hair came out delicious! And very little breakage which is RARE for me. I think I'm in love.

Which type of Silk Elements conditioner was not cutting it? I have three types of their conditioner, and I'm wondering which one I should not replace. Thanks for the "heads up" on your new conditioner. I'll add it to my list.

Last edited:
Ok, I just purchased 2 tubes of this :drunk:. I plan on using it tomorrow, and will report back on how it works for me.

I just finished my hair and I'll give it a 9:yep:! My hair was easy to comb, and it has a nice clean smell to it.

I just finished my hair and I'll give it a 9:yep:! My hair was easy to comb, and it has a nice clean smell to it.

WOW ! A 9 ! Okk...I will put it on my list.:grin: I do have the Effective Intensive Protein/Moisture Balancer that is really good too.

And those little packs at the counter have always been really good too. Can't remember what those are, maybe a reconstructor??..but I've purchased them before.

I think Ion, for Me, has always been a good product. (what I've used of it):look:

I actually just bought the little packet of this to try when I was last at Sally's. I'll definitely be using it next wash now.
Glad to see all of the good experiences!

I'm mad. I bought this and used it weeks ago, but I didn't post a review because it didn't do a thing for my hair. I have another pack, so I will try it again. Oh and I love the Silk Elements conditioner. I'm dcing with it right now.

After using this to condition with, I wrapped my hair and didn't un-wrap it until this morning. I was really surprised at the number of hairs I lost. Prior to using this I would lose loads of shed hair, but this morning it was a big difference in the number shed.

I'm all about using stuff that works no matter whats in it... but I can't believe the ingredient nazis haven't come up in here...:lachen: it had all the bad stuff...but Imma still cop some with my $5 off for renewing my sally's card :look::lachen:...lmao...

I'm all about using stuff that works no matter whats in it... but I can't believe the ingredient nazis haven't come up in here...:lachen: it had all the bad stuff...but Imma still cop some with my $5 off for renewing my sally's card :look::lachen:...lmao...

Girl, I was thinking the same thang. Where They At?:look: You are right. Sally's did have $1.00 off. :violin:

I did pick up some today at Lunch.

Which type of Silk Elements conditioner was not cutting it? I have three types of their conditioner, and I'm wondering which one I should not replace. Thanks for the "heads up" on your new conditioner. I'll add it to my list.

I was using the Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment. It usually does the the trick but lately it has not been moisturizing enough.

WOW ! A 9 ! Okk...I will put it on my list.:grin: I do have the Effective Intensive Protein/Moisture Balancer that is really good too.

And those little packs at the counter have always been really good too. Can't remember what those are, maybe a reconstructor??..but I've purchased them before.

I think Ion, for Me, has always been a good product. (what I've used of it):look:

Me too. Almost all of the Ion products I have purchased over the years have been exceptional.:yep:

After using this to condition with, I wrapped my hair and didn't un-wrap it until this morning. I was really surprised at the number of hairs I lost. Prior to using this I would lose loads of shed hair, but this morning it was a big difference in the number shed.

I also saw a HUGE difference in shedding AND breakage after using this only once.

Girl, I was thinking the same thang. Where They At?:look: You are right. Sally's did have $1.00 off. :violin:

I did pick up some today at Lunch.

LOL :lachen:
Let us know how it works out for you. I am going to do a protein treatment tomorrow and follow up with this stuff. I'll come back with another review.

Back