product recommendations

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
hey ladies. i'm looking for several new products to add to my regimen. i know this post is long and filled with lots of questions and rambling, but if you ladies could help me, it may save me from just giving up and heading to my brother's barber to get a nice bald fade.

i just got a perm this weekend (against my will--i WAS 8 weeks post relaxer :ohwell: ) and i love how my hair came out. very silky and straight. however, i'm still getting major breakage. i expected that, so i'm not torn up about it as maybe i should be :look:.

anywho, i'm amazed at how straight my hair came out, even though my stylist didn't flat-iron my hair like she usually does. she just roller set it. i'm am absolutely hopeless. when it comes to rollersetting, but i'm looking for a good setting lotion that might help me out and get my magnetic rollers to be more....magnetic. something that won't leave my hair feeling crispy or stiff. any recommendations?

also, can anyone tell me if those blow dryer attachment things work? you know the ones they sell at sally's that you put on your blowdryer to make it like a bonnet dryer. being a student, i need to cut some financial corners. in a perfect world, i could afford a blow dryer, AND a bonnet dryer. but alas i cannot. so if anyone can tell me if those dealies work, i'd be very grateful. i want to get a good blow dryer, preferably one that has high wattage so that i can blow out my roots when needed--preferably one that i can buy in person and not online.

i'm also in the market for a new treatment/reconstructer that will help my hair. i have severe heat damage that has left my hair very weak. it snaps under a ridiculously low amount of tension. just running my hands through my hair leaves me with palms covered in short hairs. can anyone recommend a good treatment/reconstructor that gives results? right now i have nexxus emergencee. i've used it twice w/no change in my hair's condition. should i try aphogee? affirm? stick with emergencee or switch to something else?

Try using a foaming wrap lotion (like Motions or ElastaQP) instead of a setting lotion. I found that setting lotion made my rollersets crispy sometimes. Also, airdrying your hair in a rollerset makes it come out softer than using heat to dry your hair.

How a blowdryer with a comb attachment works... it's like combing and blowdrying your hair at the same time except the comb is attached to where the blowdryer blows out air. IMO, the comb attached to the blowdryer aids in straightening and drying your hair faster. If you do invest in one, make sure you blowdry in sections...do not rake through your hair.

As a treatment, I use Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum. I use it as a light protein treatment. It's almost all gone and I too will need to invest in another treatment that needs to be heavier. My hair is overprocessed from my mom relaxing my entire hair shaft over the years, excessive use of heat, and permanent coloring my hair twice. I am thinking about getting Aphogee for Damaged Hair or Motions CPR.

Hope that helps!;)

try Nexxus Keraphix. It's a good protein conditioner. Nexxus Botaniol is a good shampoo to team it with.

I think that Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair is a great heavy protein treatment. I also have Emergencee and while it's good, I feel that the Aphogee worked better for me when my hair was very damaged. For a milder protein, I would suggest Keraphix, which can also be mixed with Humectress.

Hi there :wave:

I recommend creme leave-ins for your rollerset. Something like Nexxus Humectress, Lacio Lacio or Sedal. I find that the liquid leave-ins make my hair stiff and crunchy.

As for protein treatments, I recommend what has already been mentioned: Nexxus Keraphic or Emergencee.

Also, if you intend on doing a blowout, the concentration nozzle is important. It's pointless to try to get your hair straight w/o the attachment. The air won't be focused on your hair, but will go all over the place.

I personally like spray leave-ins better for my rollersets, but everyone is different so I think you should try one of each kind (maybe email a company for samples) to see what kind you like. Some good spray ones are Kenra Daily Provision/Elasta QP H-Two (basically the EXACT same thing, h-2 is just cheaper). A good creamy leave in is Nexxus Headress or Humectress.

Protein treatments.. I agree with the other ladies, for mild reconstructor I recommend Nexxus Keraphix, for a hardcore treatment I recommend Emergencee.

webby said:
Hi there :wave:

I recommend creme leave-ins for your rollerset. Something like Nexxus Humectress, Lacio Lacio or Sedal. I find that the liquid leave-ins make my hair stiff and crunchy.

As for protein treatments, I recommend what has already been mentioned: Nexxus Keraphix or Emergencee.
I second these recommendations.

I would also recommend mixing the leave-in used for a rollerset with a serum. The results are awesome

Poohbear said:
Try using a foaming wrap lotion (like Motions or ElastaQP) instead of a setting lotion. I found that setting lotion made my rollersets crispy sometimes. Also, airdrying your hair in a rollerset makes it come out softer than using heat to dry your hair.

How a blowdryer with a comb attachment works... it's like combing and blowdrying your hair at the same time except the comb is attached to where the blowdryer blows out air. IMO, the comb attached to the blowdryer aids in straightening and drying your hair faster. If you do invest in one, make sure you blowdry in sections...do not rake through your hair.

As a treatment, I use Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum. I use it as a light protein treatment. It's almost all gone and I too will need to invest in another treatment that needs to be heavier. My hair is overprocessed from my mom relaxing my entire hair shaft over the years, excessive use of heat, and permanent coloring my hair twice. I am thinking about getting Aphogee for Damaged Hair or Motions CPR.

Hope that helps!;)

Poohbear, your hair is coming along quite nicely!! Youre doing a great Job!! :)

Back