Product RAVE: Aphogee EFA Oil Concentrate

Natalie76

First let me say that i've been experiencing LOT & LOTS of breakage and shedding due to the Mirena IUD I've had in for the last 5 months. Needless to say, I'm having it removed next week (I love it, but it's not worth being bald for). Anyway while at the BSS store yesterday, I picked up a bottle of the Aphogee protein treatment to help my hair until the IUD is removed and I also saw a bottle of Essential Fatty Acids Oil Concentrate. I decided to pick it up and use it as a hot oil treatment.

I stopped doing hot oil treatments a while ago because I didnt feel that they did anything for me. Not even using olive oil gave me results worth bragging about, so I stopped. Anyway, today I shampooed with CON, then did my Aphogee protein treatment, and after rinsing it out I applied the EFA oil through the length of my hair. I sat under my dryer for 20 minutes and rinsed it out. My hair was soooooo moisturized, I could really tell the difference. Also, my hair is kind of texturized and my waves were soooo well defined, it was shocking (I'll be adding this to my wash and go regime). I was very surprised how soft my hair was because I hadnt even conditioned yet! I then applied Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizing Conditioner and added another dollop of the oil and got under the dryer. After another 20 minutes, I rinsed and :love:, I'm in love yall!

This is the only hot oil treatment that has EVER worked for me. I'm so happy. RUN, don't walk to your nearest BSS and get a bottle. I hope this review helps someone else.

buffalo, how did you use the nexxus botanic oil? i just bought a bottle and so far i've only been mixing it with surge and applying to my scalp. i also put a few drops in the palm of my hands and run it thru my hair. have you used it in other ways?

buffalosoldier said:
I've considered purchasing this but I cant past the smell ....I've used Nexxus botanic oil before and it was good

Yeah, the smell wasnt the greatest :perplexed . It wasnt the worst thing I've ever smelled (the Aphogee protein itself being the worst), but it worked like magic :)

Back