Product Junkies, Have you Ever found "THE ONE"

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Ok my product junkie sistren:lol:, do you try new things because you are in the search of "THE ONE" product,line or regimen that is just perfect? Or is is that you just like to use different things just because?

What would make you stop your junkie ways?

For me I need my dream team of products to do the following:

Available on ground but with better prices online.
Smell awesome yet not clash with other products
Must come in at least 16 oz sizes. (Preferably 32 oz and larger for frequently used products.)
Always give me consistent results
Work well with both curly and straight looks
Allows for me to retain length
Makes my hair looks shiny yet not greasy
Allows for fullness without frizz

A girl can dream, can't she?:sleeping:

Anyone else?

Napp

Dear fellow pj sister,

I like products I can buy in multiple places online and on the ground (better chance of sales)

affordable prices

quality ingredients (the more natural the better)

I believe I will stop my pjism when I am further along in my hhj and understand my hair better. Then I can nail down my regimen and stay consistent in my product choices.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Qhemet biologics
Camille Rose
Curl Activator

Komaza moku and califia line - I get strange black men grabbing my hair when I wear this one. I haven't seen it on the ground yet, but Targee seems to be after the natural market, so maybe soon.

Must come in at least 16 oz sizes. (Preferably 32 oz and larger for frequently used products.)

Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle
Claudies Mango
Curl Junkie
Curl Activator gels
Castor oil

Natural oils and butters
Komaza, and Claudie's

Nope, I insist upon using different products for curly and straight hairstyles.

Curly styles products komaza, claudies, leave ins, and curl activator; these would revert a straight style.

Straight CD chocolate, dominican products, nioxin and ic heat protectants, serums.
The only things that I use on both curly and straight hair are oils/butter, DC, Co wash

Yes, they all work for this one

Yes, all my products work for this

I am confused about this one.
With straight hair, it seems the technique determines if there is frizz. With natural hair it is the result of the condition of the hair, making sure the ends are trimmed to avoid frizz. Usually people that have ratty ends complain about frizz.

Fullness relates to having a full head of hair, in my experience, thin hair is hard to make look full. The best hairstyles to make thin natural hair look thick is a twist out or afro.

In answer to your question, once I learned my hair I quit being a product junkie. I think you can have every thing on your list as I do. The only thing I questioned was using the same leave ins for natural hair as straight. With natural hair I avoid tangles, and minimize SSK's by using glycerine. For straight or wet set styles, I maintain the style with heat protectants, and anti frizz products.

Many of my favorite products out priced me. Gave up curl junkie because everything cost $20. Just like you, I refuse to pay that. I grew my hair on grease, and if natural products companies are snobs and only sell at that high end price, I pass. I am making most of my products now because companies want to charge a reasonable price until they hook me, then triple the price.

Seamonster I wanted to try Curl Junkie and Bee Mine, but I'm scared I'd like them then only be able to afford them with a sale. So far, I love Oyin's Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding, and Burnt Sugar Pomade. The prices are not unreasonable. I will try Silk Dreams, next. I refuse to try anything that I can't afford w/o a sale. Sales are great, but if I need to re-up, I need to re-up. So I'm only trying lines that I feel are reasonably priced.

I like silk dreams wheat germ, go moist, and vanilla dreams. Quit using most silk dreams because it spoils too quickly for me. Oyin was just ok for my hair, I liked brown sugar pomade, whipped pudding, hair dew and the conditioner, hated the poo. Bee Mine deep conditioner is very good, but I wasn't impressed with the rest of the line for natural hair, but I think it might work for relaxed hair. Curl Junkie is a great line, loved the co-wash, curl rehab conditioner, and honey curl cream is one of my favorite leave ins. Each of these jars cost over $20 :nono:

It's funny you made this thread because I feel that I am really living the "if you are stuck on a desert island......." scenario. I have been in Abu Dhabi since Aug. 2012 and there are NO black hair care products out here. In the states I lived in beauty supply stores. I had to buy any and everything I saw. Thank God for Amazon! I realized that my hair can't be without:
- a relaxer (Mizani butter blend)
-qp mango and olive oil
-ORS carrot oil
-joico k-Pak and moisture recovery line
- infusim 23

That's all I need to get by!

Silk dreams product came with a six month deadline; it lasted that amount of time. I like to purchase my products in bulk and it takes me over a year to use them. I just kept it in my cabinet; probably should have kept it in the fridge.

Qhemet biologics
Camille Rose
Curl Activator

Komaza moku and califia line - I get strange black men grabbing my hair when I wear this one. I haven't seen it on the ground yet, but Targee seems to be after the natural market, so maybe soon.

Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle
Claudies Mango
Curl Junkie
Curl Activator gels
Castor oil

Natural oils and butters
Komaza, and Claudie's

Nope, I insist upon using different products for curly and straight hairstyles.

Curly styles products komaza, claudies, leave ins, and curl activator; these would revert a straight style.

Straight CD chocolate, dominican products, nioxin and ic heat protectants, serums.
The only things that I use on both curly and straight hair are oils/butter, DC, Co wash

Yes, they all work for this one

Yes, all my products work for this

I am confused about this one.
With straight hair, it seems the technique determines if there is frizz. With natural hair it is the result of the condition of the hair, making sure the ends are trimmed to avoid frizz. Usually people that have ratty ends complain about frizz.

Fullness relates to having a full head of hair, in my experience, thin hair is hard to make look full. The best hairstyles to make thin natural hair look thick is a twist out or afro.

In answer to your question, once I learned my hair I quit being a product junkie. I think you can have every thing on your list as I do. The only thing I questioned was using the same leave ins for natural hair as straight. With natural hair I avoid tangles, and minimize SSK's by using glycerine. For straight or wet set styles, I maintain the style with heat protectants, and anti frizz products.

Many of my favorite products out priced me. Gave up curl junkie because everything cost $20. Just like you, I refuse to pay that. I grew my hair on grease, and if natural products companies are snobs and only sell at that high end price, I pass. I am making most of my products now because companies want to charge a reasonable price until they hook me, then triple the price.

Seamonster when I wear my hair straight I usually rollerset so it is feasible to have a leave in that can get my hair smooth that also defines my curls. that list was just for me though. I wanted to see what would make other people stop.

I have fine hair but it defineltey looks full when I wear a rollerset!
I actually don't mind paying over $20 for a product but it has to be large and not something I have to use alot of to get the look I want.

I love the Shescentit Jojoba Milk, but the size is just tooooo small! If ur out there, please make that item in a larger size.

The love of my life is....

220.jpg

This gold, changed everything for me lol it smells wonderful, the texture is perfect and I can apply it on wet or dry hair! Not sure how this product slipped through the cracks on top products. I only tried it because it was on clearance at walgreens. But I was pleasantly surprised! :P

What helped me stop being a PJ was to try to stick to one line. I found a line with ingredients and fragrances that I liked and just stuck with it. I also made up my mind about what to use just in case the particular line would no longer be sold. It took a while but I am so happy I am not product hopping anymore.

Knowing that there is no such thing as a miracle product that is going to make my hair carpet length keeps me consistent. I also have a budget... that helps. :yep:

There are some INCREDIBLE, WONDERFUL brands out there, but I'm just staying content and persistent with what I have. HTH.

The love of my life is....

This gold, changed everything for me lol it smells wonderful, the texture is perfect and I can apply it on wet or dry hair! Not sure how this product slipped through the cracks on top products. I only tried it because it was on clearance at walgreens. But I was pleasantly surprised! :P

Now I am going to try this! I already have the custard from the evoo/moringa line. It is awesome!! I caught it on clearance too. I like the hair butter and both dc's as well. Good quality ingredients, sold at the corner store, decent prices, great on wet or dry hair, multiple ways to use and gives a nice moisture balance.

Early on I passed on these products due to the exotic ingredients (shelved right next to shea moisture with its simpler but still nat ingredients). I didnt know what they were at the time

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The "ones" I've found is the AO White Camellia DC. Its cheap and easy to find. Please my hair feels in silk on silky moisturized steroids when I use it and Elasta QP Shampoos this stuff is salon quality for a very low price. I love both the Creme Conditioning Poo and Poo for relaxed Hair. Although I've been using a new poo for while thats slowly making its come up :yep:.

Oh and Komazacare Aloe my hair & Califia Moisturizing Sprays. The stuff in crack in bottles :look:. My hair just eats it up.

Back