Product for twist out

serenity34

Hello LHCF, i was wondering what products do u use for the bomb twist out and braid out that gives you great definition and moisture. Thanks in advance:drunk:

I use a combination of Camille rose almond jai twisting butter. And Hairitage hydration jojoba honey twist. Soft defined twist out every time.

Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and little bit of ORS Loc Gel on top. Done on wet hair for maximum definition. Also, I'm finding that I get greater definition with braidouts

Thing is, I always ruin the definition trying to fluff it out and make it big and full. My hair isn't as dense as I would like so it requires a lot separating.

For my braidouts I like to layer Oyin Whipped Pudding, castor oil and Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel. It turns out soft, defined and moisturized.

Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade! oh Taliah Waajid has this styling cream for kids. i love it! i use it on my dd. it gives her hair nice hold, but still moisturizing. i wish i would have had this in my stash when i was natural. Hawaiian Silky curl activator gel is really nice too! moisturizing and will give you a nice hold. since it is an activator gel, just spritz your hair with water to refresh the moisture. you won't need to keep adding product.

For my last (and best) twistout, I used Oyin's Hair Dew and Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste.

tumblr_m32apm0gvt1ruqvd9o1_1280.jpg

This was on stretched hair.

If you want something local-

*Beautiful Textures Curl Butter & Beautiful Textures leave-in..

*Talia Waajid curl cream,Talia Waajid leave-in..

*Shea Moisture Hibiscus curl smoothie,Shea Moisture Yucca leave-in

On line-

*Camille Rose-Almond twist butter, Camille moisture curl milk..

*Curl Junkie-Hibiscus Banana Honey Butter & any lite gel on top

*Kyras-Silky Shea leave-in,Kyras Hair Milk on top

*HairVeda-Whipped Gelly,HairVeda hair milk

*Darcys-Coconut Cream Pomade, Darcy's Gelly

*OyinsHandMade-Bunt pomade,Oyins Honey Dew,Oyins leave-in..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Shea Moisture Curling Souffle
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Creme
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

Last edited:
I'm on the hunt for a great new product to try for amazing twist outs. So far I've tried Qhuemet and SheaMoisture. Unfortunately, I didn't really care for either on of them. My ultimate desire would be to find something that I love as much as Oyin Hair Dew but specifically for twist outs and stuff.

[USER=367733 said:
Adiatasha[/USER];19668753]Philippians413

How do you use the control paste? I usually use if to slick my edges back. . Do you use it on top of oyins honey dew

I haven't used it in a while, but yes I put it on top of the hair dew, concentrating mostly on the roots.

No ones said it so let me add - Mango and Lime Twisting Wax (I buy it at Walmart)

It's a wax, so that makes me happy because gels are drying. A side benefit is that when I wash my hair after the twist out and blow dry and flat iron - it is sleek and shiny like I used a hot oil treatment.

There is product build up with using a wax, but like I said above, I love the side effects and if I'm just twisting again after washing...I enjoy the results.

Back