Product for Braidout?

caligirl

I have shoulder length natural hair cut into a bob. I wear my hair in a braidout 99% of the time. I've been using deep conditioner as my "setting lotion" for ever because my hair is so coarse and dry. My hair has seemed drier lately and I'm looking for a new product. Can anyone recommend a setting product for THICK, COARSE, KINKY hair?

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
When I used to use conditioner for a braidout I added oil to the water conditioner mix and sealed with more oil.

I use either oyin hair dew on dry hair sealed with oyin brown sugar pomade or crisco.

I used Qhemet B's Brbc and Aohc. I spritzed with a Cj curl rehab/water/oyin shine and define mixture for shine and extra moisture. I used Qhemet aethiopithka twist butter on the ends. It has been super dry and cold where I live and I needed something heavier than the hair dew. You don't need to be this complex.

You should be fine with the oyin hair dew and sealing. You could use your dc With water and oil in a spray bottle.

I don't know what products you use. You might only need to clarify. You might have build up from the products you were using before and is preventing your hair from absorbing your product. You might not even need anything new.

Eta: I live in an extremely cold state btw.

Last edited:
I'm using CJ's smoothing lotion (as a leave in conditioner) on wet hair with Jane Carter's nourish and shine for my braid/twist outs. I'm getting a really great hold with these products.

Back