Proctor and Gamble "World Of Hair" info..(read!)

CheerBear

Proctor and Gamble \"World Of Hair\" info..(read!)

I stumbled upon this site with all kinds of information about hair from the makers of our beloved Pantene line..So, if any of you have time, just browse around it, it has great info...it makes me mad though because it doesnt show any variation for African( Americans) and our hair.

Re: Proctor and Gamble \"World Of Hair\" info..(read!)

I'm looking at it now- and they are only showing one type of 'African' hair(and not much of it).

Yea..that did bother me that apparently, to them, there is only one type of hair for people of African descent

It bothered me too- they not only showed one type of "black" hair, they also only showed type 1 hair when they were like "look how healthy and shiny!"
It was too biased and a bit ignorant/neglectful of African/black hair to me...
Otherwise, good info..

From the site:

[ QUOTE ]
Another Asian/Caucasoid combination -
the perfect mixture to produce beautiful hair

[/ QUOTE ]

ohwell.gif

And this was particularly funny (and sad if it's representative of their level of expertise:

They said this woman was a natural blond (please check the roots) ...

image002.jpg

rofl.gif

I'm insulted at their lack of knowledge concerning "african" hair...what did I expect I guess...I went thru the site and got the impression that health wise, asian/caucasianoid=good, curly/african=bad. Maybe I was just put off by the lack of true variety and understanding but that's what I got...
confused.gif

Back