Problem areas?

lennet93

I was just wondering what if any, are everyones problem areas? How are you dealing with it, whats working to correct these areas. I've been having problems with the same area for a while and i'm clueless as to why:ohwell: My hair keeps breaking right above/behind my ear and it goes around towards the middle of my head then it stops but starts again on the other side in the same area. It has broken off really bad on both sides. I'm going to try to take pics so you guys can get a better idea of what it looks like.

Like many others, I have weak, thin sides. My left side is the worst. I also have a small amount of thinning in the front, left side. I've been doing scalp massages 2 to 3 times a week with jojoba, rosemary and peppermint oils. I also make it a point to massage my scalp very well when I wash once per week. I'm also drinking fresh carrot juice about 3x week. I think I'm experiencing some thickness by drinking this but I'll find out more when I relax next month.

I was just wondering what if any, are everyones problem areas? How are you dealing with it, whats working to correct these areas. I've been having problems with the same area for a while and i'm clueless as to why:ohwell: My hair keeps breaking right above/behind my ear and it goes around towards the middle of my head then it stops but starts again on the other side in the same area. It has broken off really bad on both sides. I'm going to try to take pics so you guys can get a better idea of what it looks like.

Hi lady have you read Southern Tease conditionning method? it is very interesting for problem area, here it is:
From Curlidiva thread "Small TWEAKS FOR BIG RESULTS"

Using (3) 10-15 minute intervals for intense deep conditioning...
(learned from Lisa Akbari)
  • Part hair in four sections to apply DC evenly throughout hair
  • Cover with plastic cap ( I use steam towel & dryer)
  • Sit under dryer for 10-15 minutes
  • Re-apply DC on ends, hairline, line of demarcation (most delicate areas)
  • Sit under dryer AGAIN for ANOTHER 10-15 minutes
  • Re-apply DC on delicate areas
  • Sit under dryer for the last time for 10-15 minutes
This gives you 30-45 minutes total under the dryer...
I do this once/twice a week

Last edited:
I have a problem spot that started at my left rear nape- healed there- broke off just above the previous spot, grew back now it has broken off just above that spot and thinned out. I have gotten it back thicker again but it is not the same length as the other side in that one area. I baby it. I add extra oil to it. I add surge 14 to it 1 to 2 times a day and I'll be able to give you an update later in another week or 2, this is just my second week. My spot is stress- related. I will also add vitamins next week.

I did this last weekend. I have this book in my arsenal as well.

Hi lady have you read Southern Tease conditionning method? it is very interesting for problem area, here it is:
From Curlidiva thread "Small TWEAKS FOR BIG RESULTS"

Using (3) 10-15 minute intervals for intense deep conditioning...
(learned from Lisa Akbari)
  • Part hair in four sections to apply DC evenly throughout hair
  • Cover with plastic cap ( I use steam towel & dryer)
  • Sit under dryer for 10-15 minutes
  • Re-apply DC on ends, hairline, line of demarcation (most delicate areas)
  • Sit under dryer AGAIN for ANOTHER 10-15 minutes
  • Re-apply DC on delicate areas
  • Sit under dryer for the last time for 10-15 minutes
This gives you 30-45 minutes total under the dryer...
I do this once/twice a week

My problem areas are my temples which I am considering using MN for, and the very back of my head. I prefer to sleep on my back and this further tangles the 4b patch I have there. That area has major shrinkage which gives me a "W" in the back. It's ugly.:nono: Any suggestions?

I have an area on either side of my neck in my nape. It's about an inch up from the end of my hair line it it's supa-dry and weak. I'm been babying it and it appears to be growing, but b/c my nape is the slowest growing section of my head it's taking FOREVER. It's anothing b/c the rest of my hair is so thick that I feel like it makes the weak spot more obvious

Back