Privacy Controls

santwon

Can we get some? I like some of the new features, but I don't necessarily want people knowing that I've been to their profile page, given them thanks for a thread...etc. I think a system where one could at least opt out of that would be ideal.

Can we get some? I like some of the new features, but I don't necessarily want people knowing that I've been to their profile page, given them thanks for a thread...etc. I think a system where one could at least opt out of that would be ideal.

The profile notification is the same features we had before they were disabled due for compatibility issues, but actually, if you in invisible mode when you visit their page your name doesnt appear where they can see it. (Although before you could make your page totally private and with this software it appears you can only disable the ability to comment.) Also with this software you only see the last 10 folx that visited, where with the other software it would show the name and number of visits indefinitely. The thanks feature doesnt have a privacy option.

Last edited:
The profile notification is the same features we had before they were disabled due for compatibility issues, but actually, if you in invisible mode when you visit their page your name doesnt appear where they can see it. (Although before you could make your page totally private and with this software it appears you can only disable their ability to comment.) Also with this software you only see the last 10 folx that visited, where with the other software it would show the name and number of visits indefinitely. The thanks feature doesnt have a privacy option.

I tested this just now by peeking at your profile under invisible mode :)

and my name had an asterisk * next to it.

What does that mean?

I tested this just now by peeking at your profile under invisible mode :)

and my name had an asterisk * next to it.

What does that mean?

It means you were private when you looked at it. If someone else looks at my profile they wont see your name. *eta* You've also looked at it while you were visible so you name is there now. If you want to test this out you need to do it with someone whom you havent been one of the last 10 visitors and have them check to see if they see your name. I'm a mod so I can always see them, invisble or not.

Last edited:
Ok. And what does a + sign mean next to a person's name that's visited your profile?

(Sorry for all of these questions!)

The profile notification is the same features we had before they were disabled due for compatibility issues, but actually, if you in invisible mode when you visit their page your name doesnt appear where they can see it. (Although before you could make your page totally private and with this software it appears you can only disable the ability to comment.) Also with this software you only see the last 10 folx that visited, where with the other software it would show the name and number of visits indefinitely. The thanks feature doesnt have a privacy option.

Ah okay, thanks for your response. That makes me feel better. Hopefully they will come back...

And poookie - no worries, I'm appreciating all these questions too.

Last edited:
Back