Pricey product didn't work/inexpensive that did!

sterry

Pricey product didn\'t work/inexpensive that did!

Recently I decided to blow dry my hair and wanted something to give it a sleek look. (Haven't use heat for a long time now) I found KMS Relaxing Balm (Flat out ) the cost $26.00. I decided to give it a swirl.
To get to the point.. I was better off keepiing the $26.00 and tangling my own hair. Can you say Elmers Glue? What a waste. Steer clear of this product. I had heard so much about this product...and it was definetly all talk and no action.

I love and will continue to used The Regis line.
Regis Hydrating Balm quenches your thrity, dry, brittle, frizzy hair. It is excellent for softening, smoothing, detanlgling!!! I love this conditioner. (POROSITY) If you're looking to heal hair ...this is the ultimate DEEP CONDITIONER.It caresses every strand. Their reconstructor is EXCELLENT. Does a wonderful job at yeilding breakage. Just enough protein to nurse hair back to health!!1

For an inexpensive choice I give my hair and my girls hair the "TCP" (TWO CONDITIONING PUNCH) This method knocks out all of our hair woes. Without a doubt!

I don't use shampoo that often, but when I do I love Soft Sheen's Carson BreakThru Moisturizing Shampoo. It feels like Creme of Nature but dosen't contain Sodium Hydroxide or the SLS. Very low sudsing. It detangles, softening, moisturizes. Definetly one to try. It claims to decrease breakage by 65%. It does an excellent job on my girls hair. Type 3a and 2. My hair as well! Two thumbs up!
Then I do the "TCP" method. I will use Optimum's Stay Strong Conditioner. This is excellent for strength, detanling. I allow to stay in hair for 8 mins. Rinse. Then I apply John Freida's Glistening Creme. This product will detangle, smooth, soften, make hair SLEEK, defrizz..oh did I say SOFTEN. Try John Freida's Glistening Creme. WONDERIFIC!!! (Is that a word? I used this method on my daughter's hair. Type 3a. Left in hair for 10 mins. Rinsed and blotted excess water with satin slip. I applied Africa's Best Ultimate Oil w/a smidge of Jojoba. I then pulled her hair straight back into a ponytail. I used non catching rubberbands down the entire length of hair. (about 30 inches she has natural) I then wrapped with a satin scarf and allowed to dry all the way. The next morning I removed the rubberbands her hair was SLEEK, SOFT, NO FRIZZ, SUPPLE, SMOOTH, OUTSANDING. It looked as if I had pressed her edges. The hair had soft waves and that was only from the rubberbands.
Method I will kepp.

4a/natural
medium texture
growing like crazy

Re: Pricey product didn\'t work/inexpensive that did!

for me it was the mango butter my elasta Qp...it sounded wonderful and smelled okay but did nothing for my hair but a sticky feel. I just recently discovered tea tree lite hairdressing from Africa's best and recovery from elasta qp. I absolutely love the recovery it leaves my hair feeling soft and detangles well when i apply it to my wt hair.

Re: Pricey product didn\'t work/inexpensive that d

I tried the Regis Hydrating Balm. I too thought it was good--but not very detangling. Still, that doesn't make or break a product necessarily.

I also have some of the Regis Protein Boost from about 3 years ago and the product is still good
smile.gif

Thanks for these reviews. I wish the Regis product was in a larger quanity than the 2 sizes that they offer.

Back