PreTreatment Regime for prolonged hairstyles. help

Innocent_Kiss

Ok, I'm about to take my kinky twist down within the next week and I'm trying to organize a pre-treatment regime that'll prepare for my hair for the preceeding hairstyle, which for me is a sew-in.

I'mma do a sew-in INSTEAD of another set of braids/twist because I always wear braids and after tension on the same spots, I don't want my hair to break off. A sew-in will allow my hair to be in a completely different direction.

Ofcourse I'm going to shampoo my hair (which I don't use often) to get rid of build up that might've set on my hair in the twist. Should I use a clarifying shampoo?

I'm considering a hot oil treatment -- but is it necessary? Should I do it before or after shampooing?

I'm going to use either Neutral Henna OR Lotus Powder Plus from http://everydayhenna.com (click hair care) to STRENGTH deep condition my hair using a shower cap for 30 min - 1hr.

I'mma also MOISTURIZE deep condition with V05 Strawberry and Cream Conditioner mixed with Extra Virigin Olive Oil using a steam cap so the moisture will penetrate the hair shaft.

Is this TOO MUCH conditioning?

Then I'm going to use a hair growth herbal oil mixture to moisturize my scalp and a shea butter mixture for my ends. OR I might just use the hair growth mixture all over and use the End Sealing Procedure ( http://growafrohairlong.com/shampooingnatural.html ) for my ends.

Will a hot oil treatment be necessary?

ok..any feed back? Something I should add or consider taking out? Recommend the order in which I should do do this 2. Before I put the kinky twist in my hair was ULTIMATELY DAMAGED. So I'm hoping a lot of it grew back. Mind you, I've had these for a good 8 weeks. Tips, suggestions, whatever, just share it!

I think that is a good procedure to liven your hair and keep it healthy, the only thing that i would do differently is give myself sometime before sewing in a track, to give my hair a break for sometime.

Back