Pressing hair

jasmine

hello everybody.
Question: for those of you that regularly press your hair , what is your regimen that keeps your hair damage free?
my sister has been pressng her hair for some time and wants to know how she can grow her hair longer.
she had to ditch a stylist because the stylist was heavy handed with the grease and her ends were becoming thin. she has stopped greasing her scalp but is suffering from dandruff.
any tip would be much appreciated.

Jasmine,

I have been pressing my hair for serveral years, once a week. Heat is very damaging to the hair. I was always trying to figure out why my end were thin. I always wore a pony tail and wrapped the ends of the pony tail up in the ponytail holder. It helped some but my ends were still thin, long and thin. When I went natural and stop pressing the ends actually thicken up. Try braid or twist outs. Wet or mist the hair, apply shea butter or coconut oil ( not too much, you may have to figure out how much to apply depending on length of hair ), and braid or twist hair. Leave the braids or twists in overnight. Next moring take them down. The hair should be very wavy. This means that you can wear your hair natural and it will look very wavy. This will give you ends time to strengthen and thicken. During this period you can conditioner wash a few times a week. Remember the cleaner your scalp the better the environment for your hair to flouish. You may want to try using the products as suggest above.

I really hope this helps

I get my hair pressed and then get it cornrowed....
its hot down here and I work out.
I can wash my hair every week and keep my scalp clean this way, and not have to worry about heat

Has your sister ever thought of doing rollersets? That would be better for her hair since it requires minimal heat.

Has your sister tried airdrying her hair?
Has she ever done a sleek/straight wrap?

Was grease the only thing she put on her scalp before? Why don't she try massaging her scalp with oils once a week.

Also, how often does she wash her hair??

Back