Pressing hair in DC/MD/VA

butterfli

I have been in braids for the past year and a half transitioning and I am now ready to wear my hair out without braids. I will be in the DC/MD/VA area for a week and I want to take the braids out then and get my hair pressed. I will be moving out there and so I want to 1)find a hairdresser now, and 2)my boyfriend has never seen me without my braids so since I will be out there with him for a week visiting him, I figure I might as well do it now (I am terrified for him to see me without braids being that he has only seen pictures even though he doesn't care). So, my question is, can anyone recommend a salon that I can go to in the area that do presses and know how to take care of hair? I have learned so much from this board and I hope that all that I have learned will pay off now that I am ready to take these braids out and either keep my hair natural or go back to relaxing the correct way.

Though I have never gotten a press & curl at this salon I highly recommend them because they take good care of your hair.

B Natural Salon & Day Spa
15420 Emerald Way
Bowie, MD
It's in the Bowie Town Center, press & curls are $65.00 and up.

My stylist also does press & curls and I've seen them and they are very good. She used to work at B Natural, but now she works at Rick's Hair Palace. Her name is Adrienne Edwards.
3028 Mitchellville Rd.
Bowie, MD 20716
I don't know how much she charges, though.

HTH
smile.gif

Back