Press or Maxiglide? NY/CT Ladies Chime in, please

SweetNic_JA

Hi ladies. I need a little help from my LHCF sisters. I am attending an event next week and I need to do something to my hair. My hair is currently in a temporary sew-in that I plan to wear up until late December. I want to remove my sew-in, straighten the front and only slightly blow-out the back. I want the front slicked back while the back will be styled somehow..Maybe an up-do or just a fall.

Can I achieve this with Maxiglide? Should I even attempt to try this on my hair? If not, would a press work? My hair usually doesn't take well to presses (I've only tried them at home) but I'm thinking that perhaps a salon would do a much better job.

That's where my next question comes in...Where can I find a salon?

hey sweet, the maxi glide will hook u up...it is really like u have a relaxer...thats how good it straitens ur hair..even the ends come out smooth...u will love it, it's worth the investment...keep us posted.

Maxi is off the hook!! Just used it tonight for the 1st time, and my hair is looking like I went to the hairdresser!!

Can maxiglide really produce the same results for a REAL 4b head of hair?
My hair texture is exactly what you see in the top left corner of this picture.

96582sn.jpg

I also have the Superstart flat iron (you know, the last IT ceramic to get) and I didn't notice anything spectacular about it. I just don''t want to end up waisting my money on a little iron with big promises.

Sorry to go off topic but these are great examples of different hair types.

SweetNic_JA said:
Can maxiglide really produce the same results for a REAL 4b head of hair?
My hair texture is exactly what you see in the top left corner of this picture.

96582sn.jpg

It sure is the best explanation yet. THANKS!!! Those pics helped me out alot on getting closer to figuring out my hair type.

Bumping for answers as well. I'm still skeptical about the maxiglide being used on TRUE thick 4a/b hair. Most of the reviews I have seen are from ladies with looser curl patterns. Bubbln got great results, but my hair is a lot coarser and kinkier than hers. I want to get the FHI because the last time my hair was styled straight that's what the stylist used and I had great results.

thickness said:
Bumping for answers as well. I'm still skeptical about the maxiglide being used on TRUE thick 4a/b hair. Most of the reviews I have seen are from ladies with looser curl patterns. Bubbln got great results, but my hair is a lot coarser and kinkier than hers. I want to get the FHI because the last time my hair was styled straight that's what the stylist used and I had great results.

My hair is coarse, and more afroey than curly. The maxiglide does a great job. But I blowdry my hair first on medium with a denman brush.

Uoooo.... Sweetnic. THANK YOU for showing these ladies what a TRUE 4B looks like!!! I often have a minor annoyance with members that refer to their 3b/c hair as being a 4B.

If someone truly doesn't know or understand their hair type they shouldn't claim that it is something it's not, especially when other ladies attempt to possibly gather valuable information from someone with the same hair type and similar hair experiences.

I'll be darned if this topic doesn't deserve a thread of it's own :yep: Would you please consider posting this helpful chart in a new thread to help people better understand hair types? I think that part of the problem is that their is still confusion about determining what category each woman falls into - which is further complicated by assigning a, b, & c to the mixture...

O.K. I apologize for getting off topic :look:

Ummm, hi... I'm a 4b and I would like to know if the maxi glide will work for me too :)

Last edited:
I can't take credit for creating this chart.I actually found it here on LHCF :D but it is really helpful! Feel free to start a topic (that will hopefully end up as a sticky)!

Back