preshampoo vs deep conditioning

hotshot

if i do an intense preshampoo treatment, do i need to deep condition? before my recent braids, 1x week i would do "the works"-i would pretreat with warm castor oil, honey, aloe and coconut oil. leave on with shower cap anywhere from 45 minutues to many hours. rinse out, do ACV and follow with humectress, which for me works best 3 minutes. during the week i might CO with cheapio conditioner. i tried to 1x deep condition with humectress and it didnt work out. i really wanted to deep condition on "the works" day, but my current line up is working out.
if this is working, when should i deep condition? do i need to? or is the preshampoo treatment enough?
TIA!

I usually do 1 or the other per week. However, I rinse and condition several times a week without a wash b/c I run about 4-5 days a week and my hair is always saturated with sweat by the time I am finished running. So on the weekends when I do not run I deep condition after I shampoo. 1 or 2 times a month I will do a pretreatment. That is what works for me. K!

I see that you don't use shampoo. I don't see that it's really necessary for you to do a pre-shampoo if you don't shampoo as pre-treatments are supposed to protect the hair from being stripped by the shampoo. HTH.

i shampoo about once a month. hmm. . . maybe i should do a treatment less and deep condition more? but nexxus works well as a 3 minute instant and i cant afford to use it more than once a week. HMM, doing some rethinking. dang it, just when it thought i had things down. . .

I don't think that you are getting any less benefit from the Nexxus if you only use it for 3 minutes. It works best for me like that too. What about a good leave-in to really set your routine off ?
smile.gif

Back