Prepoo with strengthening conditioners?!

dillard

I've been using Cathy Howse's UBH Deep Conditioner for a little over a month, I like some things about it but my hair tends to be tangly and/or hard afterwards. I'm thinking of pre-pooing with it and then using a shampoo and conditioner that will leave my hair feeling soft right after.

Has anyone ever done this -- pre-poo'd with some kind of strengthening conditioner and then shampoo and condition again? If so, for how long do you leave it in? do you dampen your hair first, do you go under dryer or use damp towel, plastic cap?! Or would doing this kinda UNDO the whole deep conditioning in the first place?

I do this all the time. I do it for my midweek shampoo because it saves time.

I put on the protein conditioner with a plastic cap and scarf. Then I workout with it on for 30-60 min.

Then I proceed to shampoo and do a rinse condition. If I do this on the weekend, I will sometimes even do that last one as a deep condition.

This saves me time during the week and still gives me a deep conditioning.

I did this for an hour with ApHogee 2-min mixed with Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter conditioner. I washed with Sallys Generic Nexxus Therappe, then DC'd 20 minutes w/heat using Silk Elements Cholesterol. My hair came out balanced. It was strong, but moisturized too.

I do this with Motions CPR or Nexxus Keraphix followed by a moisturizing shampoo and moisturizing DC or Conditioner

gymfreak336 said:
Macherie does this with ors mayo. Check her blog out.

thanx!! wow, she covered everything...

thanx ladies :) . i just tried it, i'll see when my hair dries in the morning if i'm going to stick to this. I'm so excited, I think I might have found a regimen that works. My hair even while wet felt much stronger but not course and tangly. I used Keracare poo and conditioner afterwards.

i believe this happens w/ her conditioner cause its a protein but i've been using her conditioner for yrs: I'll use any shampoo I want: deep condition w/ UBH Deep Conditioner: and apply a moisture conditioner (aubrey organic honey suckle rose) to counteract the hardness: so my hair is soft and strong when I get out the shower

Back