preparing for a relaxer

Chasney01

Hi everyone! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I have been without a relaxer for seven weeks. I plan on waiting a week or two more before I go to the shop to touch up. I was wondering if there is anything I should do beforehand to prepare my hair for the relaxer itself and the heat (My hairdresser blowdries my hair and its the only time heat is put on it) Sorry this question is so long. I just am worried about damage /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Chasney,

I am no hair expert, but I suggest:

1.deep conditioning your hair every week (up to one week before you actually get your hair touched-up).
2.keeping your hair very moisturized.
3. protecting your ends

Doing this will reduce the amount of split ends that you will incurr from now til then and will reduce the drying effect of the relaxer.

Hope this helps.
Good luck and let us know how you make out!

I came across this last night while visiting the Macstyle Website. www.macstyle.net

Tip # 34 states that you should

"Oil your scalp with a castor oil based, hair oil two weeks prior to your relaxer every two to three days. This will lubricate your new growth, which will slow shedding and make the scalp less sensitive during relaxation."

Back