Pregnant people make your hair come out?

jaibee

Me, my mother, and my sister were sitting around talking today and my sister was talking about a stylist at her shop who was pregnant. My mom was like I can't believe people let her do hair and my sister agreed. I asked why not, and my mother said that it was an old wives tale that if you let someone pregnant do your hair it will fall out. I had never heard it, but at the time when my alopecia (bald spot) started up again I was going to a pregnant stylist. Has anyone else ever heard this? What other superstitions have you heard when it comes to hair?

I've heard this also and I've never believed it. In fact, I don't believe in ANY superstitions. I've also heard that if you let two people work on your hair at the same time that it would fall out. A few years ago, two worked on my hair while I was getting Kinky twists and when I took those twists out, my hair had grown so much.

I thought about this same saying last year. I started getting a bald spot in the back of my head and didn't know why it was happening. I found out that my stylist was 2 months pregnant. Made me go hmmmmm.

I heard of this before as well. I was raised on every supertition under the sun, but I try not to take them too seriously.

If the one about pregnant women doing your hair was true...then all my friends would be bald because they didn't have any mercy for me when I was pregnant, they were still beating down my door wanting their hair done...

I heard that if you throw your hair in the garbage a bird will make a nest out of it and you will become crazy. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS AT ALL.
But I have heard about the pregant woman thing.
I also heard something about a woman on her period should not touch your hair....so type of rasta belief.

what i always heard was the opposite...i wouldnt let a pregnant grouch touch my head anyways so it doesnt even matter to me lol

saddity1 said:
I heard that if you throw your hair in the garbage a bird will make a nest out of it and you will become crazy. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS AT ALL.
I heard if a bird makes a nest out of your hair you will receive a headache? :confused: Also, I heard if a "man" styles your hair it will grow? :confused:

I have not heard about the pregnant women thing but before I stopped going to my stylist, she was pregnant 4 times and styling my hair during those times and my hair did not fall out. :look:

Last edited:
I heard this before and was petrified to have my stylist do my hair, but didn't want to allow the other girls in her salon to do my hair. I can't say that my grew any more, but it most certainly didn't fall out.

Back