Preference or Discrimination

honeyflaava

This may be a bit of a touchy subject, well at least it has been with some people I’ve spoken about this with, but I am a virgin who wants to marry, and I would like my husband to be a virgin as well. I’ve always felt that it’s just my personal preference, but when discussing this with a single guy who is a non-virgin but has made a recommitment to holiness and purity since he is now in Christ, he said that my mentality is a form of discrimination.

The reason why he says it’s discrimination is because of 2 Corinthians 5:17--- that we are all new creatures in Christ and old things have passed away. I definitely agree that we do become new creatures and that God no longer looks at our sinful pasts, BUT, it still doesn’t erase the fact that the person has indeed had sexual experience. Maybe my reasons are a bit selfish because the way I look at it, my husband will be receiving a new off the showroom floor, never been driven before model, so why shouldn’t I desire to receive the same? And I will admit that there also is a little insecurity attached to it as well, because I would be wondering when I’m being intimate with my husband, will he be thinking about someone else he had been with.

[FONT=&quot]Am I entitled to my preference, or do I have some more maturing in Christ to do? Please be honest with me, I can take it :)[/FONT]

You have the right to have a preference, you have the right to dream. But believe me, when you will meet him, you will know he is the one, virgin or not.
Maybe you are right about : a little insecurity attached to your preference. But, you are unique and if you believe in what you want, God can give you a virgin.

We all have preferences, but they become discrimination when we have all we could want plus some in front of us, and we let it go because of one thing...

This may be a bit of a touchy subject, well at least it has been with some people I’ve spoken about this with, but I am a virgin who wants to marry, and I would like my husband to be a virgin as well. I’ve always felt that it’s just my personal preference, but when discussing this with a single guy who is a non-virgin but has made a recommitment to holiness and purity since he is now in Christ, he said that my mentality is a form of discrimination.

The reason why he says it’s discrimination is because of 2 Corinthians 5:17--- that we are all new creatures in Christ and old things have passed away. I definitely agree that we do become new creatures and that God no longer looks at our sinful pasts, BUT, it still doesn’t erase the fact that the person has indeed had sexual experience. Maybe my reasons are a bit selfish because the way I look at it, my husband will be receiving a new off the showroom floor, never been driven before model, so why shouldn’t I desire to receive the same? And I will admit that there also is a little insecurity attached to it as well, because I would be wondering when I’m being intimate with my husband, will he be thinking about someone else he had been with.

[FONT=&quot]Am I entitled to my preference, or do I have some more maturing in Christ to do? Please be honest with me, I can take it :)[/FONT]

I am being honest as you requested. Your friend is correct that it could be discrimination since all have sinned whether it is fornicaiton or not. But, you still have a preference in wanting a virgin also ONLY if you open to God's perfect will which it may not be. In other words the man God has for you may not be a virgin and when it is REAL love it will not matter if he is a virgin and who he has been with since love is self-less and does not think of it self. You can have a preference as long as you are open to the fact it may not be God's will for you to marry a virgin and God will only give you the best that he has. I rather have the man God wants me to have then what I want because he knows best. I would encourage you to be friends with those who may be intrested in get to know the man and his heart. Friendship in Jesus in priceless and as you read and pray together as friends God will reveal his perfect will to the both of you. Some men when they get a virgin that love that woman the more because he knows her virginity is a gift to him and of course I talking about married couples.

Back