pre-shampoo treatment

lynette

Good afternoon ladies. Can you guys please tell me your pre-shampoo regimes so I can try a few to see which one works for me. For example do you guys just use olive oil or do you guys mix it with honey. Also how long do you leave it on your hair before you do your regular shampooing. thanks
confused.gif
confused.gif

Hi Lynetter, I use olive oil (2 TBSP) mixed with honey (1 TBSP) for my hot-oil treatment. I use a heat cap for 20-30 minutes and get great results! HTH

I usually use a couple of my favorite oils (avocado, olive, camellia, castor, etc.) mixed with conditioner and use the mixture as a pre-shampoo "mask". I like mixing oils with a conditioner because I don't like oils dripping down my neck and face, and the conditioner prevents that. Sometimes, I'll add honey and/or coconut milk to whatever mixture I'm making. I usually pre-treat for about an hour with or without heat. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll leave the mixture in my hear for several hours.

Right now I have the following concoction in my hair: Meadowfoam oil and Camellia oil mixed in a base of V05 Oasis Honey & Almond conditioner.

i use olive oil, mixed in with rosemary oil...i ususally leave it in over night,b4 i wash my hair.........

<font color="purple">I use EVOO (2TBS), Castor Oil and 1 TBS of either honey or cane sugar syrup in my conditioner base (VO5 Creamy Fresh Peach or Suave Milk and Honey). I'm going to experiment my pre-'poo treatment with the above ingredients and add 1 TBS Cayenne Pepper. I'll post the results later on. Toodles. </font>

Back