PRE RELAXER?

in_di_vi_du_al

Well, OK!
It's that time again..

I`m getting my hair relaxed tomorrow.
(excited)

Ive had my hair in a wack ponytail for almost 3 weeks!
new growth is OUTTA CONTROL!
:wallbash:

What should I do before getting my relaxer?

I DID get highlights in my hair a month ago,
and I am also 11 weeks post relaxer?
Is there anything special OR different
that I need to do now, with the color being
in my hair?

PLEASE!! FEEDBACK NEEDED!! :grin::grin:

Im getting mine done tomorrow as well after a 22 week stretch

Just base your hair and try to put some thick conidtioner on the ends to avoid overlapping

also make sure you bring a protein treatment for them to use BEFORE the neutralizing shampoo

Make sure you show us the results!

I'm natural, so I can't really help too much, but I don't think there's much you can do. If you were getting the relaxer next week i would suggest a protein treatment and deep moisture treatment. Since you can't wash your hair before a relaxer, I'm sure you can't DC it either. I'm not positive though. I would just suggest keeping up with moisture and protein post-relaxer, especially since you're double processed. HTH :)

I do a hardcore protein treatment 5-7 days before I relax. The night before, I cover my ends in a protein conditioner and vaseline and bun my hair.

I also put vaseline on my scalp.

I would wait until next week.
So you can properly treat your hair Tomorrow for next Saturday's relaxer!
Clarify
Do a Hard core protein treatment!
Use Porosity Control and a good moisturizing conditioner.

I am relaxing today. Last week I clarified, and used a conditioner with a PH balancer in it. I based my scalp yesterday. I plan to use mizani, and I will be using their protection treatment on my relaxed hair. After rinsing thoroughly I will do a 2min protein treatment, neutralize and so on and so forth.

Back