Pre-relaxer treatment...what should I do?

nadine1977canada

Hi everyone!
I have just received my Phytorelaxer Index 2:D . Like I mentioned before I haven't had a relaxer since 1999.So now I wonder what should i do before i get my relaxer put in at the salon. Is there something i should do to my hair before the day of my relaxer? Should Deep condition the day before? What about the porosity control? Should i do it 3 to 4 days after the relaxer? Should i moisutirze my hair before going there? :look: Should i clean it and do a Clarifying shampoo a few days before the relaxer to make sure i have no other product residue on it? Any tips?:perplexed

Last edited:
Girl we're in the exact same position! I just bought a phyto index 2 and set a salon appt. for august 17th. I've done a lot of pre-relaxer thread searching and have settled on these suggestions:

7 days pre- Shampoo. ORS Deep Replenishing Pak mixed with Keraphix
3 days pre- Softly shampoo, Porosity Control cond, no more oils
Night before touchup- Spray Aphogee keratin and green tea all over
Day of touchup- Go into the salon with moisturized hair and NTM DDCond at top, Keraphix on ends of hair for protection
While at Salon- Spray thermal protectant before heat
Next wash- Porosity Control and/or ORS Deep Replenishing Pak

Hope that helps. I'd appreciate any suggestions to this regimen, too!

hmmm.... i was always told to not wash for a week. If I wash any sooner, my scalp is on FIRE. Ill do a protein treatment that week and thats about it.

Also, I read to apply castor oil to your scalp and new growth every 2 days to prevent burning.

Avoid swimming, exercising or any other activity that will get your scalp wet.

Avoid pulling the hair back too tight or slicking it down. I dont even wrap that week.

Thats pretty much everything I gathered from my stylist, LHCF and other sources over the year. I dont burn during my perms anymore:)

Back