Pre Natal Vitamins

nesha24

Im also thinking about buying these for hair growth. Someone told me they work pretty well. Can someone give me advice on what brand to buy and if there are any side affects?

tHANKS!

when i first started taking vitamins thats really all i would take was a prenatal vitamin, biotin and vitamin e...that was before LHCF...but i would just either buy the ones from walmart, target or walgreens...they dont cost that much...and they are slim pink pills....i dont have any sideeffects from them....i dont think it really matters what kind u choose...they are just like taking another multi vitamin...but it does aid in hair and nail growth....

thanks ladies...for some reason i always thought it was bad to take them if you weren't pregnant. i think im going to try the gnc brand..

Well in all honesty they are regular vitamins with extra folate and calcium. Its been proven that the prenatal vitamins dont make your hair grow. Its the excess hormones form the pregnancy and extra blood flow. But there is no harm in taking prenatal vitamins. If you really want you hair to grwo, regular vitamins do the same thing, bump up your protien and that should do it.

beyondcute said:
Well in all honesty they are regular vitamins with extra folate and calcium. Its been proven that the prenatal vitamins dont make your hair grow. Its the excess hormones form the pregnancy and extra blood flow. But there is no harm in taking prenatal vitamins. If you really want you hair to grwo, regular vitamins do the same thing, bump up your protien and that should do it.

ITA:yep:

Pregnancy temporarily locks the hair in anagen phase (growing phase) and catogen (resting phase). So hair really thrives. Skin glows, nails are strong, and hair is lush! I took my prenatal vitamins for 1 week but couldn't stay on them because they made me very, very sick. My hair thrived anyway because it is all in the hormones that are secreted to sustain and nourish the baby!

And then for me, once I had the baby and the hormones died down (about 3 months to leave the system) my hair began to shed terribly. Postpartum hormone levels send the hair back into telogen phase abruptly which explains the intense shedding that many of us get post-baby.:cry3: The vitamins did nothing. No more than a one-a-day that non-pregnant person would take. The growth is not in the vitamin itself, it is in the high level of hormones secreted to carry the baby during pregnancy.

I was gonna make the same comment that Beyond Cute made. Its not prenatals themselves that make your hair grow, its the extra hormones your body is producing during pregnancy. Thats why your hair sheds right after you have the baby

Back