Pre-natal Vitamins and Hair Growth!!

Anancy

I just wanted to make this post because im intrigued and wanted your opinions.

Im not really into growth aids so im not going to suggest that everyone should go out and do this.

But for about 2 months now i've been taking pre-natal vits as hubby and i are thinking about trying for a baby.
Anyway this week i took out my cornrows which i had in for 2 weeks and i thought hmmmm my hair looks a lot longer than the last time i looked at it. It seems that everytime i look at my hair, it appears to be longer and i know for sure it has grown quite a bit in the last while i just dont know how much.
Then it hit me that all this growth could be because i've been taking the pre-natals, so i ran to the kitchen grabbed my pre-natals and grabbed my hubby's multivitamins and saw that there are double the amount of vits and minerals in my pre-natals than hubby's multivitamins.

I've prob noticed the growth spurt this month and my hair feels so much softer, i think it even looks different, im not sure what it is but i know something is up with my hair in the last month. Im not very good at measuring my hair because 1 im too lazy and 2 i like to K.I.S.S, so i wish i had solid proof. I'll have to take a pic to see if there's any difference from the last set of pics i took.

So what do you guys think? It kinda scared me when i saw there was double the ingredients, i had second thoughts about making this post because surely pre-natals are something you take short term, i wouldn't want to encourage anyone to take them long term because im sure there would be side affects.

yeah i heard that it's not good to take pre natals if you arent pregnant because it has twice the amount of iron and it could kll you.

yeah i heard that it's not good to take pre natals if you arent pregnant because it has twice the amount of iron and it could kll you.

Really? My gyno told me to start taking them b/c DH and I are ttc also.

I've been told by many that the vitamins are "going to make the hair grow".

You should take them 3 months before you conceive to make sure when you do get preggers you don't have to worry about low iron and Folic acid. And you continue to take them after if your breastfeeding. If it would kill you I wouldn't be here.:spinning:

I wouldn't suggest anyone to take them just for hair growth. I didn't notice outstanding growth. It was the same rate. The only thing was that my hair was thicker and that was from being pregnant and my hair not shedding.

ok, i've never heard of prenatal vitamins being bad for you or anything about the iron in them killing anyone...i have been taking them for 2yrs bc i've had 2 babies and breastfed them both. I have cousins who are anemic and were told to take them by their doctors...as far as the hair growth, i dont really think the vitamins had anything to do with mine. It seemed to grow just as it always did

I just wanted to make this post because im intrigued and wanted your opinions.

Im not really into growth aids so im not going to suggest that everyone should go out and do this.

But for about 2 months now i've been taking pre-natal vits as hubby and i are thinking about trying for a baby.
Anyway this week i took out my cornrows which i had in for 2 weeks and i thought hmmmm my hair looks a lot longer than the last time i looked at it. It seems that everytime i look at my hair, it appears to be longer and i know for sure it has grown quite a bit in the last while i just dont know how much.
Then it hit me that all this growth could be because i've been taking the pre-natals, so i ran to the kitchen grabbed my pre-natals and grabbed my hubby's multivitamins and saw that there are double the amount of vits and minerals in my pre-natals than hubby's multivitamins.

I've prob noticed the growth spurt this month and my hair feels so much softer, i think it even looks different, im not sure what it is but i know something is up with my hair in the last month. Im not very good at measuring my hair because 1 im too lazy and 2 i like to K.I.S.S, so i wish i had solid proof. I'll have to take a pic to see if there's any difference from the last set of pics i took.

So what do you guys think? It kinda scared me when i saw there was double the ingredients, i had second thoughts about making this post because surely pre-natals are something you take short term, i wouldn't want to encourage anyone to take them long term because im sure there would be side affects.

The high levels of B-vitamins will help your hair grow but for that you could just take a b-complex. Since you are TTC, then keep taking them and good luck.

I think the general rule is that every person is different and if you are not sure if pre-natal vitamins are for you if you are not trying to get knocked-up, speak with your doc.

I take prenatal vitamins everyday and have for years, I just happen to be anemic and have other health problems but, like I said...that's me-do you:yawn:

Im not sure i believe that the level of iron could kill you. In this day and age if that was the case i would think there was be some sort of clause to state this fact.
Either way i think it's helping me out because im anaemic and i've noticed im having more energy, im not falling asleep at work or going to bed early.
Looks like these pre-natals have been good to me.

Back