Pre-Engagement Behavior

CurliDiva

:rolleyes: Were there any changes in the way your SO acted (or conversation topics) when he got serious about marriage?

I know that some ladies have said that SO told them point blank that engagement was coming or you went ring shopping together, but were any ladies pleasantly surprised by him popping the question?

But now with hindsight, you can now say that he was getting really by………..

My SO and I had talked about marriage previously and we went ring shopping together for 'fun' but I didn't think the engagement was coming as soon as it did. He planned the whole thing while I was overseas for 3 weeks, but when I came back and we were planning our housewarming party, he would get overly excited about it or just start smiling (he proposed in front of our family and friends and my mom caught it on tape).

He would bring up marriage more often but I just figured that he was talking about future plans. He was definitely more secretive with me which pissed me off :lol:

Proposed on the 17th of last November, and we'll be married next August.

My SO and I had talked about marriage previously and we went ring shopping together for 'fun' but I didn't think the engagement was coming as soon as it did. He planned the whole thing while I was overseas for 3 weeks, but when I came back and we were planning our housewarming party, he would get overly excited about it or just start smiling (he proposed in front of our family and friends and my mom caught it on tape).

He would bring up marriage more often but I just figured that he was talking about future plans. He was definitely more secretive with me which pissed me off :lol:

Proposed on the 17th of last November, and we'll be married next August.

:grin: Congrats VivEz daNs lamouR!

Have you picked a date yet? :yep: I luv summer weddings!

I always assumed that the engagement was more of a surprise, but I guess guys have to make sure you want and are ready to get married.

Congrats Viv,

Mmmm - i think my SO is going to propose one day in the not so distant future.:grin:

He is always bringing up marriage and he asked me the other day........'when i ask you to marry me, will you be ready?

I was like :perplexed what does that mean? i just said, 'I'm ready now baby'.

He booked a flight to Jamaica for just 1 week (i am going for 3 weeks) to meet my parents. He says he has to meet them sooner rather than later..........

We'd been talking about it a little. We shopped for rings. He booked a vacation to Cozumel, and I realy thought he'd do it then, well he did.

We'd been talking about it a little. We shopped for rings. He booked a vacation to Cozumel, and I realy thought he'd do it then, well he did.

Ooh thats great. So when you shopped for a ring wasn't there some sort of conversation as to why he was buying it. I mean wasn't it a bit obvious? Or did you choose one but he went back to the jewellers to buy it without you knowing.

Nope, it was a complete surprise. He never mentioned it and we never discussed it. I was not pressed to get married at all. I told him about 5 months into our relationship that I wouldn't be a girlfriend forever. Then it was never brought up again. Six years later he proposed, fine with me. BTW I never wanted kids. Most folks I know who are so concerned about getting married want to do so to have kids and just to say they are married.

Congrats Viv,

Mmmm - i think my SO is going to propose one day in the not so distant future.:grin:

He is always bringing up marriage and he asked me the other day........'when i ask you to marry me, will you be ready?

He booked a flight to Jamaica for just 1 week (i am going for 3 weeks) to meet my parents. He says he has to meet them sooner rather than later..........

Ohh...I'm excited for you... :grin:
Let us know what happens!

Congrats Viv,

Hey Bublin!

I'm so excited for you! It sounds like he is getting READY! :grin:

My SO sort of freaked me out when he started a "deep" conversation over dinner about our future including ideas about where he would like to live, his career, and even his salary. Now, I don't discuss my money with anyone - so I was like WOW!

If we are talking about a married couple, he drops in the “you and I” scenario to the situation.

These are baby steps ..... but still encouraging :drunk:

Hey CurliDiva,

Oooooh i hope so. I think when a man is getting 'ready' they have deep conversations often just so that he is sure you will say 'yes' and that you are the right person.

OMG i can't believe your SO revealed his salary to you...that's a big step. I have always said that a couple don't need to talk about what is in their bank accounts until they are engaged.

Back