Praying Surge isnt just reversion!!!

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I am praying really hard on my new growth! I sure hope it isnt reversion! Right now I am at my 6th week and you would think it has been 10! My friends keep asking me when am I getting my hair done. I have two more weeks to go! I hope I can make it!

Anyone else beginning to see some growth with Surge?

I just jumped back on the surge horse a few days ago, and all I can say at this point is the puffy roots I'm feeling right now is just my hair that has reverted. I wish these thick roots could be considered newgrowth, LOL.

Its been almost 2 weeks for me and haven't noticed any difference. I even tried it on my eyebrows and it seemed to leave a film coating on my skin. Whats up with that?

SexyC said:
Its been almost 2 weeks for me and haven't noticed any difference. I even tried it on my eyebrows and it seemed to leave a film coating on my skin. Whats up with that?

I have been surging since December 17 or 18th (somewhere around there) I think I can tell the difference if it is new growth or straight reversion. But the truth will be told in a couple of weeks! :)

I was kinda thinking this whole Surge thing is reversion. I'm hoping it's not though. I'm in braids right now and I already had some new growth during the two weeks before I started using it. I haven't noticed much growth in the two weeks after I started using it. I'm guessing that it is reversion and that's why the little new growth I'm actually getting may be reverting making the braids lay the same way they have been for the past two weeks. I know my hair is at least growing on its own so maybe if the Surge is reverting it that will help me be able to keep the braids in longer.

Last edited:
Count me as another that is wondering about reversion.

I got some braids done a while back that were just a little too tight so my edges thinned out a bit. I have been using Surge on my edges for about 3 weeks and they have thickened up, I think. I'm not sure since it has been almost 10 weeks since I have had a relaxer. So, I'm not sure if its new growth or naps at this point.

I got my relaxer less than 2 weeks ago and I started using Surge on my left side because my edged are a bit thin there, well that side napped up and the right side is smooth. I'm still trying to give it a chance, but I know my hair didn't grow that fast in a week.

*sigh* I have been thinking about this all day, and darn if there isn't a post on it. My new growth is crazy right now, but my length looks the day. Once I hit the halfway point on the Surge challenge, I am going to take a picture for comparison pics. It has gotten so bad, I am about to stop washing twice a day :( . Once is going to have to be okay, because I am fighting these textures. I see I wasn't the only one with a Thanksgiving time relaxer :grin: ...I am 6.5 weeks post, too! Keep the faith, ladies. Reversion can't have us all this baffled...anyway, I keep reminding myself that reversion doesn't exist. Right? Someone please say right :look: .

Well I do not think it is. I do not just spray my roots/scalp...I spray my length too becuase Surge is a great detangler....wouldn't my hair revert all the way down if I am spryaing all over and not just the roots?

I just updated my album with a Surge pic before my relaxer date. I am seeing some growth already and havent had the touch up yet! I think we are on the right track!

I was about to post what Tonya said until I saw she said it. To test, spray the entire length of the hair. You will notice that there is a definate demarcation between the wavy or coily part and a straighter part. This is due to the coily area being virgin hair.

Tonya said:
Well I do not think it is. I do not just spray my roots/scalp...I spray my length too becuase Surge is a great detangler....wouldn't my hair revert all the way down if I am spryaing all over and not just the roots?

I hadn't thought about that (maybe because I'm in braids). I'm going to keep surging at least until my bottle runs out.

When I was braided I sprayed my entire head in the braids. When I took them out, I could tell the areas of new growth from the other parts. Surge does make the new growth awfly coarse.

melodee said:
When I was braided I sprayed my entire head in the braids. When I took them out, I could tell the areas of new growth from the other parts. Surge does make the new growth awfly coarse.
Seee... i remember this happening last time I used it. My new growth was coarse and unmanageable which forced me to relax weeks early. I just started spraying yesterday, but I think I am going to stop b/c I can't deal with the new growth it yields. I wonder why it changes my hair texture :confused:

Now I'm scared that using surge is the equivalent to misting your hair with water and a small amount of protein conditoners mixed in. That would kind of explain this effect. I hope it not true but I'm feeling a little bamboozled :(.

Somebody come with a testimonial...Puhlease.

I've noticed that my new growth is coarse also. Maybe I'll just use the Hairever 11 hair tonic by itself and not use surge 14.

Back