Prayer Request and Words of Encouragement needed please

stephluv

The Devil is a Lie!!!---I just wrote a long post and I was ready to send it out and bam computer froze

Hello,

Excuse me if this is a long post but my family really needs prayer and I really need to get this off my chest. I love my family dearly and I think my mother is a great woman who is alot stronger than I am for dealing with the curveballs life has given her. My father used to attend church and was even the van driver...but since then no longer attends church and just went back to his womanizing ways. His new girlfriend had a child by him (yes my father and mother are still married) and I believe she might be into witchcraftery, voodoo, crafts etc. The only positive difference in my father to me is that he no longer abuses her, but that could be cause he is usually out of the house.
I have 2 full bloodeed brothers and they both need alot of prayer. My baby brother has alot of anger issues...a trait he unfortunately got from my father. It has come to the point that we dont really communicate with him unless it is necessary. I know he is the baby brother but he is in his early 20's and he needs to grow up. He barely has a job and didnt finish highschool but right now he is trying to get himself together. The one that I feel really needs the prayer is my other brother. He is also in his early 20's but he is going down a path that is bringing him down and us. He used to have really bad acne problems and started hanging out with losers who didnt do anything but lay in the house and smoke. So he started doing the same thing...was not working and then started smoking in the house. Since then he develops diabetes and things became worst so my sent him to stay with my aunt hoping that he would get his act together. While over there things didnt get better and eventually a few years later we decided being closer to home would be best. Since he has been home yes he has a job but he still stays out later and now we have cops coming to our home looking for him. My mom is stressed and losing weight and her hair. She is paying all the bills for and I try to help as much as I can now that I have also moved back home. She has a heart of gold cause even with our own problems she still has open doors for her to bring in 2 more family members that needed a place to live.
I feel like i'm basically watching my whole family go down. I just recently got baptized and have put my life right back on the path that will not lead me astray from God. I feel like these trial and tribulations are killing us. We're waiting on a court date for my brother now and he is sorry cause he cant explain what makes him do these things. If anyone knows what are the effects of weed or especially diabetes please pm me. I would love for my famliy to be the sweet family we once were.

Thank you letting me get this off my chest and I know the battle is not ours its the Lords. Please pray for my family and I because I feel like i cant go on...i cant continue crying about this. The Devil is trying to tear us a part and I want to get closer to God so please pray for my strength to fight this battle and pray for my mother and brothers. They need it!

**my original post of this was more extensive so I guess maybe it was best so ya'll didnt have to read my life story :grin:

Stephluv,

I'm sorry to hear about this and what you must be going through. Family will sometimes get the best of us, and even though we want the best for them, we can't change them. Just as you desire to get closer to God, and change, they all must want to change on their own. I'll keep you and your family in prayer, but mostly you... that you will cast all your cares and the cares of this world and your Family on God, so he can do the rest.

You're His Child, and He has your back!

:Rose:

Stephluv- cosigning with Laela & Volver... My prayer is that you trust in God for all strength, wisdom & understanding in this situation. May God bless you & restore your family with peace & unity.

You are in my prayers. Keep praying, continue to declare God's word over your family.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Steph- Remember the Lord is our power and our strength. It is only with him that we make it day to day. I am praying that you will trust the Lord and lean on him. Submit all of your cares and worries to him. I pray that he will give you peace.

Philippians 4:5-9 (English Standard Version)

5Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you

Thank you ladies sooooooo very much.....I read Psalm 20 last night just so I can get a few extra hours of sleep. I wish I could simply just put it in Gods hands AND stop worrying but as many of us know- that is easier then done. God does not give us more than we can bear. I pray that my mom and I get the strength to let God lead and carry our pain for us. Tonight my mother and I will be praying and reading 7 Psalm chapters at midnight. I think once we both do this in the presence of one another we will then be rest assured.

Thank you ladies for taking out of your day to respond to this whether your wrote a reply or just thanked/agreed to someone elses'. I am feeling very blessed and highly favored right now.:yep:

Back