Power Wash question

SqrpioQutie

ok, for you ladies who have either used, still use or used to use Surge's Power Wash Shampoo, what were your experiences?? I use that as my once a week shampoo but i'm not sure if i'm liking it... is it too protein filled to be used with a protein conditioner (i usually follow it with Lamaurs)... or maybe i just need to add a lot of moisture back in after using them both... i CW daily and i find that after my weekly shampoo/protein cond. it takes at least 2 days for my hair to get back to normal (regular and not dry)...

hit me with some knowledge please!!!

I got some at an LHCF meeting along with some other Surge products and I used it once and never touched it again. It made my hair all dry and tangled. I don't know if it's the protein or what, but it did not agree with my hair. It's too harsh or something. Your hair shouldn't have to recover from a wash day. After a fresh wash it should be at its best. You might want to try a milder shampoo.

I think I kept this because it didnt have parabens listed, but when I used it it stripped my hair too much. I dont use it often, I mostly use it to wash my brushes and make up brushes.

Well, I really like the Powerwash and it works really well as a clarifying shampoo for me.....it also helps to detangle my hair whenever I take out braids.....so personally, I really like this shampoo.

BTW...this is a concentrated shampoo, so make sure you dont use too much. I still dont like how my hair feels with it tho.

I use it. I rally like the reuslts the key for me was to cut back on the number of times I washed a week now it's only twice. I only use a little and I only lather once. It is great at removing gel and product build up. I also used it after swimming. I use it with other surge products as well.

Auntybe

well after reading the posted replies, i can already see that i was using too much of it... so that's easy enough to correct... :grin:

Actually, I bet it does make a good clarifying poo as long as you condition well afterwards :scratchch
It might work well to mix it with water in a bottle first to make sure you don't use too much of the shampoo in your hair. I used it long time ago so I don't remember how much I used; Maybe it was too much. Shoot, now I want to hold on to it in case I have an emergency clarifying need or if I go swimming or something. See, this is why I've got all these old bottles of stuff I won't get rid of.. "What if it comes in handy?" :lol:
It does have sodium laureth sulfate in it though, and I'm trying to avoid the sulfates right now :ohwell: Guess I'll just let it continue to collect dust under my sink until I figure out what I want to do with it...

BlackCardinal said:
Actually, I bet it does make a good clarifying poo as long as you condition well afterwards :scratchch
It might work well to mix it with water in a bottle first to make sure you don't use too much of the shampoo in your hair. I used it long time ago so I don't remember how much I used; Maybe it was too much. Shoot, now I want to hold on to it in case I have an emergency clarifying need or if I go swimming or something. See, this is why I've got all these old bottles of stuff I won't get rid of.. "What if it comes in handy?" :lol:
It does have sodium laureth sulfate in it though, and I'm trying to avoid the sulfates right now :ohwell: Guess I'll just let it continue to collect dust under my sink until I figure out what I want to do with it...

It really does. I used it yesterday and it also helps with detangling tangled up hair, I usually buy 3 bottles at a time.:p

actually i used it again for the first time in a long time on sunday.. but i only used a little bit this time, and then i followed it with a super long deep condition (Silicon Mix)... my hair came out really moisturized after all that, so i figure it really was the combination fo what i was using the amount of power wash...

Back