Post Henna websites!

Aubergold

All these henna threads make my head spin. Can ya'll post here all the different websites that you get your henna, indigo, amla, etc from?

Thanks guys!

Great idea! We need 1 henna FAQ & Info thread where no one can post comments! that 139 page thread is just daunting!

I totally agree, I want to do the Henna but I Don't understand it, don't know where to buy it or what to add to it or how often I can use it. I hope someone does something soon. I am ready to color my hair.

Here's another website:
www.everydayhenna.com
It explains alot for those just getting into henna.

A sticky with all the basics would be great for alot of people, it would definately make things easier.

Trudy said:
I totally agree, I want to do the Henna but I Don't understand it, don't know where to buy it or what to add to it or how often I can use it. I hope someone does something soon. I am ready to color my hair.

Trudy, I know reading that whole huge thread will make your head spin, but it's really pretty simple. Henna is a plant, and when ground into a powder, it can color your hair and give it shine and strenght.

You can buy it "Body Art Quality" henna at any of the websites listed in this thread, or at an indian store in your area.

You don't have to add anything to it except water and if your hair is dry, you can also add your favorite oil. Some people (like me! :grin:) like to experiment and add anything from red wine to tea to lemon juice, but all that stuff is not needed at all.

You can use it anywhere from once a week to once a month, or whenever you like. There's no set rules. I personally use it every two weeks, and my hair has never been better.

Sorry this post is long, but hopefully I've answered some of your questions. HTH!

WomanlyCharm said:
Here's another website:
www.everydayhenna.com
It explains alot for those just getting into henna.

A sticky with all the basics would be great for alot of people, it would definately make things easier.

Trudy, I know reading that whole huge thread will make your head spin, but it's really pretty simple. Henna is a plant, and when ground into a powder, it can color your hair and give it shine and strenght.

THank you Womanlycharm, I saw it but I kept thinking no thats not it. So now I know. So why add all the other stuff does it change the color or enhance the color or what I don't get it someone added coffee grinds to it and I am like what the heck did that do that for. Okay I will order some and try it this weekend.

Okay UH I look on the website uh.... Hmm... still confused which should I use help someone. the mendi is just for the skin right? I am so interested in the different colors on there what about the permanent color that is in my hair will it harm it.

By adding other stuff to your henna mix you can shift the color around...for example, if you use henna alone, you'll get red. You can make it more of a burgendy by adding red wine or rooibos tea. Add alma, the red shifts to light brown. Add indigo to your henna, you get very dark brown.

It's all a matter of experimentation, it's fun! :grin:

If any of you want to do some basic recipes and learn more about henna and hair please visit with me at www.HennaBlogSpot.com

I have a natural hair thread there, where I put at least 7 or so free recipes. In the natural hair thread regarding henna, I need to know what exactly else I can put there so everyone gets a better idea as to what henna is and how to use it. Any suggestions for me?

Khadija

Henna Sooq said:
If any of you want to do some basic recipes and learn more about henna and hair please visit with me at www.HennaBlogSpot.com

I have a natural hair thread there, where I put at least 7 or so free recipes. In the natural hair thread regarding henna, I need to know what exactly else I can put there so everyone gets a better idea as to what henna is and how to use it. Any suggestions for me?

Khadija

Are you an ebay seller? If so, I am a customer of yours.:)

You can also google your city for local Indian stores. I found 3 in a 5 mile radius:eek: Some members have found Jamila for $1.50. Mestiza and I use Dulhan Deluxe Heena Powder. I get it for $1.49. The low price makes it easy to use as often as I like.
I use strong tea to darken the red. I also add amla powder (conditioner) and amla oil to help the color develop.

I don't understand why there can't be a natural hair article? At least something that everyone can just read and then be able to clearly understand more about henna and herbs rather then running all around trying to find the right information. Who can get together on this to make an article and perhaps the boards here will let the article be a special submission like they have one on Long Hair Community. Any thoughts?

Back