Positive It Is Because of Steaming

kim1006

Since I was a teenager, I have always requested a deep conditioner whenever I go to the salon or have applied it myself on my rare DIYs . I purchased a steamer in late-July, and for approximately a month, I have been steaming regularly and wearing buns or twist outs. Yesterday, I had a dominican blowout and the stylist kept talking about how beautiful my hair is. Normally, stylists will say I have pretty hair, but she used the word beautiful several times, which prompted me to look into the mirror. I cannot remember the last time my hair was relaxed but there was virtually no new grow insight. Apparently, the steam treatments melted my new growth. My hair is extra soft and really strong - stronger than usual. I am still amazed. :yep:

Last edited:
That is so great! I'm glad that you can tell that steaming is doing something beneficial for your hair. I have definitely enjoyed using one. My hair retains so much moisture now :yep:

I'm transitioning so it hasn't melted my NG..:blush: But it does help with the detangling.. Best investment I made.. I've seen and read where people do steam treatments on dry hair with oil this will be the next thing I will try out and see how that works..

Glad it is working out for you.. Keep up the good work

The Purchase of My Steamer was the Overall Best Investment by Far I've made towards my HHJ.:yep:

IMO: It just makes your products perform better. It feels wonderful and I *HEART* Steaming.

Once, I thought mine was 'broken' and I had no hesitation pulling out that card to get another. (fortunately, it wasn't:ohwell:) but I would have ordered another one in a Heartbeat.:lick:

I will never be without a Steamer.:nono:

The moisture retention is the best thing about the steamer, and it just melts the hell out of your NG, so it's great for stretching. I swear the texture of my hair has changed too, it's a lot silkier than before.

Since I was a teenager, I have always requested a deep conditioner whenever I go to the salon or have applied it myself on my rare DIYs . I purchased a steamer in late-July, and for approximately a month, I have been steaming regularly and wearing buns or twist outs. Yesterday, I had a dominican blowout and the stylist kept talking about how beautiful my hair is. Normally, stylists will say I have pretty hair, but she used the word beautiful several times, which prompted me to look into the mirror. I cannot remember the last time my hair was relaxed but there was virtually no new grow insight. Apparently, the steam treatments melted my new growth. My hair is extra soft and really strong - stronger than usual. I am still amazed. :yep:

OK, that's it! I'm going to order my hair steamer next month! I can't take all the wonderful reviews anylonger and not be in the game as well!

You just sold me! Thanks

I purchased mine off ebay from Salons R Us. It was just under $140, including shipping and is worth every penny. It pays for itself in no time. The cost for steam treatments at my salon are $30.00, so you make that back pretty quickly - EXECELLENT ROI!

Last edited:
I wish i could afford it right now, but alas, I'm a broke college student.
I do use the "fake" steam treatment method (I think it's Lucky's Mom who has a thread about it), and that does work pretty well.

The Purchase of My Steamer was the Overall Best Investment by Far I've made towards my HHJ.:yep:

IMO: It just makes your products perform better. It feels wonderful and I *HEART* Steaming.

Once, I thought mine was 'broken' and I had no hesitation pulling out that card to get another. (fortunately, it wasn't:ohwell:) but I would have ordered another one in a Heartbeat.:lick:

I will never be without a Steamer.:nono:
I am cosigning times 10.

I may have to break down and get a steamer. Hmmm.
What are you waiting for???

where do you buy one at? how much do they cost?
I got mine from the site Salons R Us. I think it was $120 +/- free shipping.

Thanks for this thread, OP....I guess I need to bring my streamer in out from the garage and start using it....Are you ladies DC'ing with the steamer instead of the hair dryer???

Salons R Us have great deals sometimes and there is a discount code of exoticmommies.. I think that is right the last sale they had the hood of the steamer was scratched and the steamers as going for $89.00 that is with the discount and free shipping.. I got mine for $109.00 with the discount.. I think they were doing this until all the steamers were gone but that was about 3 months ago.. I think I did a post on it..

It's 99.77 with the discount code its $89.77..This is the one that use Tap Water

Hair Steamers - Wholesale Salon Furnishings - LCL Beauty

Salons R Us have great deals sometimes and there is a discount code of exoticmommies.. I think that is right the last sale they had the hood of the steamer was scratched and the steamers as going for $89.00 that is with the discount and free shipping.. I got mine for $109.00 with the discount.. I think they were doing this until all the steamers were gone but that was about 3 months ago.. I think I did a post on it..

It's 99.77 with the discount code its $89.77..This is the one that use Tap Water

Hair Steamers - Wholesale Salon Furnishings - LCL Beauty

Are those that uses tap water just as good? I was wondering because the use of distill water may contribute to the benefit since the water is not harsh.

Are those that uses tap water just as good? I was wondering because the use of distill water may contribute to the benefit since the water is not harsh.

I haven't had any issues with mine.. I know some people said that they would still use the distill water even though their steamer say you can use tap water.. I might switch over to distill water and see if there is any difference..

This is ridiculous. All I see are ladies talking about this steamer with their hair looking like :gorgeous: I can only take so much temptation. Especially now I heard that steaming with peppermint oil really will make the scalp open up.

I am breaking down and am about to buy either the table top or the one from SalonsRUS.

I bet being under the steamer with my LaBomba w/Avocado will be a dream!

I have to agree 100% with the other posters...the steamer is an excellent investment! It singlehandedly saved my transition! As a natural, I still use it to DC once a week. I am definitely going to try it on dry hair with oil...

I also love steaming but ther is no way I can justify spending that much on a hair appliance. I also steam the alternative way. My hair absorbs sooo much more of the poduct and is easier to detangle. I think you should try it like this before you buy the real thing. I apply DC, moisten a hand towel, microwave it for a min and a half then cover my hair. That is loowed by a plastic bag and my hooded blowdryer attachment/ I've done this for as little as 15 mins up to an hour. I love it

I decided to buy it from SalonsRUs because of the coupon code. I decided to buy the stand up one over the table top because I don't know which table would be tall enough and I didnt want to have a sore neck. Total came to 89 dollars

^^Well done ladies, and good decision to get the stand up steamer as the level of steam produced is more intense thus giving you a better conditioning treatment. You are going to :love: it!

Back