Portable Salon Hair Dryer

Gemini350z

Hi Ladies,

I went to deep condition my hair because my ends were breaking everywhere and my hot tools purple people heater broke :(

Can you ladies recommend a place where I can purchase a new portable dryer? Do we have any "deals" with any companies as of lately?

What is the best one out there?

Thanks in advance. I need to make my way over here more because my hair is going through it :ohwell:

You mean the portable hair dryer that you hold in your hand or the one you sit under?

What price range are you looking at??
Since its 4rth of July weekend I'm sure there are places having some sales.
Have you tried Sally's?

If that's the case, I bought a really nice no-name one from Amazon for like $130 or so. I am positive you can find one that you will be happy with.

thanks, I just looked at a deep conditioning thread, and it looks like a lot of you ladies are doing dc's with steamers. Maybe I will look into that as well

I have a collapsible dryer from Conair. It sits about 6 inches high. I bought it from Wal-Mart for about $20 bucks.

Last edited:
I love my Pibbs 514 dryer, I have nothing but great things to say about it, (easy to put together, dries hair fast, its not super loud, you can control the timing and temp) I believe it is considered the best one out there(from the reviews I have read on many hairboards). And depending on what specials/sales websites are having you can possibly find one for $250 or close to it, more than likely it will be in the $299 range though, but its definitely worth it. Try amazon, ebay, or I got mine from bluebeez.com.

Back