porous hair && cerimides && protein

L.Brown1114

ok so my hair is STILL dry. i tried clarifying with baking soda and adding oil to my DC then i changed moisturizers to something thicker AND sealed with EVOO and i woke up to BONE DRY hair!! i read on nappturality that baking soda does more bad then good to your hair so im going to switch to regular shampoo but i also want to use cerimides and protein and porous control products but idk how to use the cermides and the porous products and idk what are some good protein conditioners??
how often do you use each a month idk how to incorporate these into my regimine. i was hoping to grow my hair longer and baby it before i texlaxed but if this doesnt work idk what else to do:wallbash::wallbash:

I say to shampoo first then use the ceramide conditioner as a dc and use porosity control as the final rinse. I use porosity control twice a month but try to find products that have a low pH to close the cuticle.

Maybe your hair is still dry because you never removed all of the product from your hair.

Perhaps you should clarify your hair with an actual clarifying shampoo, use Roux Porosity Control, and follow up w/ your DC or whatever you use after you shampoo.

ok so clarifying shampoo, use roux porosity control shampoo and conditioner then DC with what i usually DC with. and how many times can you use porosity it a month? and if i use the skala cerimides msque for a DC how many times a month do i use it? can i just go back nad forth with my moisturizing DC?

ok so clarifying shampoo, use roux porosity control shampoo and conditioner then DC with what i usually DC with. and how many times can you use porosity it a month? and if i use the skala cerimides msque for a DC how many times a month do i use it? can i just go back nad forth with my moisturizing DC?

I would DC with the Skala Ceramide masque once a week. Over use of ceramides causes build-up and requires more frequent clarifying. If you are in need of more ceramides, why not just incorporate an alternate source such as an oil? Kukui nut, hemp seed, wheat germ, walnut and sunflower oil all contain ceramides. You might want to use one of these to seal in the moisture and provide a source of ceramides. HTH!

Maybe your hair is still dry because you never removed all of the product from your hair.

Perhaps you should clarify your hair with an actual clarifying shampoo, use Roux Porosity Control, and follow up w/ your DC or whatever you use after you shampoo.

My advise would be to first start using products as they are for a while without adding anything to them. It's fun to mix in oils and such and use home remedies, but you could be shooting yourself in the foot.

To get started correcting your hair I would clarify with a designated clarifying shampoo, DC with the DC only, then add Roux Porosity Control Conditioner - following the instructions on the bottle. According to other ladies on the forum you don't absolutely need the Roux Porosity Control shampoo but I use it as my regular shampoo because it has a good PH level and I like it. It reminds me of the original Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo.

After clarifying, DC'ing and using Roux lightly towel dry your hair, add your moisturizer (by itself) then seal with your preferred oil.

In the days following I would co wash as normal with whatever conditioner you prefer (by itself), towel dry, moisturize then seal.

DC a couple times a week if you can. And you can use Roux PC every time you wash or co wash until your hair feels like you think it should.

Be consistent for a while and your hair will thank you. Stop trying new stuff for a while...

Last edited:
Oh, and I like Aphogee 2-minute protein treatment. It's light enough for frequent use and gives me LOTS of slip.

My approach toward incorporating ceramides and protein into my hair regimen is to find ways to utilize them both at the same time, thereby saving myself an extra step in the process.

After clarifying/shampooing and before deep conditioning, I squeeze a gob of ApHogee 2-Minute and a gob Aubrey Organics GPB into my hand. Then, I would rub my hands together to cocktail the mixture before applying it to my hair; I allowed this protein-ceramides blend to marinate for approximately 5 minutes before rinsing. I incorporate this protein-ceramides mixture into my routine twice each month, roughly speaking.

Recently, though, I have fallen in love with the Colorful Neutral Protein Filler so my approach has somewhat changed, in that I apply the Protein Filler to my damp hair after clarifying/shampooing, then add a layer of my GPB-deep conditioner mixture (my DC of choice is Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm).

Both the ApHogee and the Protein Filler leave my hair feeling very strong, yet soft; however, I switched to the Protein Filler because: (1) it contains both keratin and wheat proteins; and (2) it has the added benefit of being able to lower the pH of hair (so, it effectively kills three birds with one stone - strengthening, porosity and moisturizing benefits).

I hope this has helped in some way.

Colorful Neutral Protein Filler :blush::blush: and Sally's has this too! It's going on my list, Thanks! Using products with the proper PH has been very beneficial for me. Thanks for posting this!

When I first began my HHJ, I was the "Queen of Overly Porous Hair":blush: that had been double processed, overprocessed and poorly neutralized.:nono:

One of the first things I did was correct my porosity.:yep:

Currently, I use a lightweight to mid-weight reconstructor weekly. After DC'ing, I then apply a ceramide product *currently using Matrix Bioloage Cera-Repair both Forte and Hydra Therapie.* Will be 'testing' Skala G3 in the near future for the Ceramides Step.

Mini-Regi: I DC with Heat (either Steamer or Heatcap), Rinse w/Cool Water, apply the Vial of Matrix let sit under plastic cap, Rinse and then Seal everything in with PC thereby closing the cuticle. Final oil after drying is either Wheat Germ, Hempseed or Kukui Nut. My Fav right now is: Hempseed. Incredible Shine like none other.:yep:

In my current rotation of Porosity Controlling Products, I use French Perm Stablizer Plus ph balance 2.5, Nexxus Ensure, ph balance 3.0 and of course Roux Porosity Control ph balance 4.5.

thanks ladies!! i think i got it lol
ok so clarify with a real clarifying shampoo (i got suave clarifying shampoo) then use roux pourousity control (just the conditioner) then DC with whatever conditioner i want swicthing to a protein one once a month (im gonna use silicone mix la perla) and then add a leave in conditioner (im going to try lacio lacio) then moisture and seal (seal with an oil with ceramides in it) ok i think i got it lol

ETA oh and i switched to a real shampoo (suave humectant)

Back