porosity issues

sexy c

i just found out that my hair has porosity issues from relaxers and highlights should i cut it off or try 2 repair it. i used porosity control poo and conditioner and it does nothing. my perms dont take i am at my wits end. ladies please help im desperate

i just found out that my hair has porosity issues from relaxers and highlights should i cut it off or try 2 repair it. i used porosity control poo and conditioner and it does nothing. my perms dont take i am at my wits end. ladies please help im desperate

Hi sexy c,

What makes you think your hair has porosity issues? I personally do not think you have to cut your hair. It may seem like PC shampoo and Conditioner does nothing but maybe you have to use regularly before you start seeing a change in your hair. What do you do to your hair (ie styles, products, etc)?

Hopefully some ladies including myself may be able to help you.

Last edited:
I have colour and have been double processed. Right now my hair's supposed to be coloured medium/light brown. I think my hair WAS very porous but a regular reggie of co-washes and DC and rinses with ACV has cured that. It's corrected it so well my hair goes darker soon after I colour:perplexed I read somewhere that due to the treatments my hair cuticle lays flatter so it appears darker or something, but my hair's never been this healthy. So what I'm saying is stick with your regimen and it will work but not overnight.

My my hair has this same problem. My hair is triple processed and my ends dry before I even get out of shower! I don't think have that you have to chop them all of though. Porosity Control conditioner and cold water rinses have helped. But right now airdrying is a no no.:nono:

Back