Porosity Control & Pretreatment ..

Kaela

..are correcting my dry hair issue. I started getting dry hair and none of my regular methods were helping at all. I've tried this a few times and today I'm convinced that if I do this regularly, I won't have this issue anymore.
I'm basically doing what was posted in this thread Damaged Hair Treatment for dry/dehydrated hair but in a simpler fashion.

I pretreat by oiling my hair (while its dry). I add just enough oil to where its not dripping, but that the hair is well coated and easy to comb through. My favorite way to do this is with coconut oil overnight, but I've done it right before washing with whatever I have lying around.

When I shampoo, I use a gentle shampoo, and start with just a nickel sized amount and distribute it mostly on the scalp area and squeeze the length...if I've done it right, there are barely any suds. If needed I'll add a tiny bit more, but not much. Just one lather. My hair doesn't feel oily, but its not squeaky.
Then I'll condition by mixing Porosity Control (thanx BRH) with a moisturizing conditioner, and let that sit at least 10 mins. Then I just style like I normally do (air dry, roller set, whatever...).

I plan on doing this from now on if I'm not clarifying. I think it will make a huge difference down the line.

HTH
wink.gif

Oh OK. It was like that the first time I used it...then the seond time (I think I used too much) my hair was soft, but impossible to smooth down because all of these little curls kepts springing back on themselves each time I ran the comb down my hair...I'll try it again after my touchup, this time using a little bit less. Thanx for the response.

Back