Porosity Control - how often?

KinksnCurlz

Thanks to Pepperanne i finally got some porosity control shampoo and conditioner but to be honest, i don't know how often i should be using them.
perplexed.gif
Should i be using them like a clarifier, ie. once every 3weeks? Or should I just use them right before getting relaxed (or colored)?
TIA

I just the conditioner. But I'll use it like every two weeks mixed with my regular conditioner. I really love the detangling properties though, so I may start using it weekly.

s going to pick up the shampoo and conditioner today but the shampoo has als..so i passed on the whole idea of using porosity control but i may go pick up the conditioner now.

Please get the conditioner!!! It detangles like a dream
CH I use it all the time now for my wash with shampoo.
I do my conditioner wash with it sometimes too.

Let us know how it works!

When you mix it with a conditioner, how long do you keep it on? I mixed it with Affirm 5 in 1, left it on for 30 minutes, no heat. My hair felt a little dry after that. Is it best with moisturising conditioners only?

sithembile- you don't use a moisturizing condit after 5 in 1?

I used it with motions oil moisturizer silk protein and it was great- but that is not a hardening protein treatment.

I wonder how well it will work with weave hair. I have used two shampoos and conditoners in the past two weeks and they haven't worked well with the hair. I need something that detangles and deep cleans. Anyone can respond to this post not just caramelhonee (although I value all your wisdom girl) !

laugh.gif

Thanks evanne but unfortunately i have no clue about these 2 products. BUT i will say keracare detangling and Creme of Nature detangles like a dream
smile.gif

I was told by a Revlon professional stylist that the porosity control conditioner should only be used on as needed basis and left in for the specific time mentioned on the bottle (30 seconds I think) otherwise in the long run(if used excessively) it will do more harm than good. I only mentioned this because I had been using it to for conditioner washes almost daily and when he I went to get my hair cut he asked me if I had was using porosity control conditioner more than once a week and I was actually surprised how he knew that.

[ QUOTE ]
aikaa71 said:
I only mentioned this because I had been using it to for conditioner washes almost daily and when he I went to get my hair cut he asked me if I had was using porosity control conditioner more than once a week and I was actually surprised how he knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were the negative effects noticed by him or by you?

[ QUOTE ]
aikaa71 said:
I was told by a Revlon professional stylist that the porosity control conditioner should only be used on as needed basis and left in for the specific time mentioned on the bottle (30 seconds I think) otherwise in the long run(if used excessively) it will do more harm than good. I only mentioned this because I had been using it to for conditioner washes almost daily and when he I went to get my hair cut he asked me if I had was using porosity control conditioner more than once a week and I was actually surprised how he knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting b/c I heard the same thing. I only use it after I relax my hair. (LOVE IT!
smile.gif
)

Spagirl he said my ends were eaten up and my hair was dry. The porosity control is actually meant to be used when relaxing or coloring not a everyday type conditioner. It even says that on the bottle. . He did tell my that i have a nice hair type just need to be careful with giving it moisture thru deep conditioning and daily maintenance.

Sithembile- you are so right about those ingredients, i re read them and they all sound like potent chemicals to me

Hmmm i may have to try this- my hair has been harder and my ends a dry pain recently. I was using PC about every or everyother week- it provides great slip :S

What are the ingredients in the Conditioner?

I understand that the shampoo has ALS in it and I always skip 'poos with ALS but would like to know what's in the conditioner. TIA!

I've finished my bottle so I can't give you the ingredients. but they definitely sound like what you'd find in paint thinner. Don't get me wrong, I think it probably serves its purpose of correcting porousity, but I don't think its a moisturiser. I think we should just stick to the directions. I'll just use it after I get my relaxer.

[ QUOTE ]
aikaa71 said:
Spagirl he said my ends were eaten up and my hair was dry.....

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Thanks! I'll be careful not to abuse this product.

Dolce_Dawn said:
[ QUOTE ]
aikaa71 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting b/c I heard the same thing. I only use it after I relax my hair. (LOVE IT!
smile.gif
)

Exactly what step in the relaxing process do you use the Porosity Control?

Back