Poor advice from stylists?

cami88

I went to get my hair trimmed last week and the stylist gave me some advice that I felt was kind of crappy (for me). I had my hair in a baggy under a phony pony and told me to stop doing that because it would make my hair musty. :perplexed I've never once experienced musty hair from baggying. Also, she told me to blow dry out my hair every week and comb it straight through. I didn't feel like this was good advice.. I don't think the heat of a blow dryer every week is necessary or that healthy.
The thing is, she, herself is natural--but she always wears her hair straight. Her hair looked healthy andit was of average length not that this means anything, necessarily.

Overall I just felt like she was very down on me about my hair. Saying "oh, it could be so much longer if you _____" (keeping in mind, that my hair, before the trim was twice the length of hers)

All of this said, I would probably go back to her but just ignore the advice I don't feel I can use. She did a good trim--didn't cut off more than I wanted, and the price was reasonable.

Musty? Interesting. I've had a "stylist" tell me that my hair was shedding because the shampoo and conditioner I have is too natural. -__-

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back