Pool water and washing hair

hottopic

I just got back from vacation and learned to swim in St.Thomas. Every since I got back I been going to the pool to pratice. What kind of shampoo do you recommend or can I use regular shampoo and conditioner?

P.S....The cruise pictures are updated on my picture page and in the member photo gallery....

Very nice pics. Makes me want to go somewhere!! You look very pretty in your braids too.

I would like to know the answer to your question also.

I think you can use a regular shampoo and conditioner to wash, but the important thing is to prevent your hair from absorbing too much clorine. Before you get into the pool, drench your hair w/regular water and slather on conditioner, moisturizer or oil (or a combo of the three). If the hair is already saturated, it won't be able to suck up the chemical.

I swim 2x a week. I put a lot of conditioner in my hair (elucence moisture balancing) and then put on my swim cap. I used to follow with a clarifier, but i love botanoil, so now i just use my botanoil. sometimes i don;t even poo. I will just rinse, rinse rinse and then triple condition with elucence, salerm wheat germ and alterego coconut conditioning mask.

I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH BREAKAGE OR DRYNESS THOUGH I AM USING A REGULAR POO.

hope this helps!

Back