!!! Poohbear's New Album !!!

Looking good, girl! Oooh, on the air dried rollerset you did, it's kinda cool to see where the new growth stops and the relaxed hair starts. Nice progress. Can't wait til' you do the BC and are fully natural. *nod*

blessedangil03 said:
Your hair is beautiful, Poohbear. What made you switch from air drying to blow drying?
I tried everything with airdrying. Sometimes it worked and most of the time, it didnt, I just kept denying that it didn't work for my hair....

For me, Airdrying = extra dry, hard, matted, tangled, breaking hair!

If I wore an airdried bun, I would have to use products on my hair throughout the week to keep it from looking dry and being frizzy. Too much product on fine textured hair = big time breakage

Blowdrying blends the two textures of my hair. My hair looks and feels better. I missed my blowdryer. And I missed wearing my hair down. Now, I don't have to use a lot of products on my hair. This is less manipulation for me and less stressful. ;)

Very pretty updates Poohbear :up:

Side note:
I've done the same thing (opened a 2nd Fotki account). I'll post the link when I'm done re-organizing :cool:

Very nice. You have lots of growth.

So what will be your routine going forward? How often will you wash or blowdry? Which products will you use.

lkg4healthyhair said:
Very nice. You have lots of growth.

So what will be your routine going forward? How often will you wash or blowdry? Which products will you use.
Every two weeks...
1. Wet hair and pre-poo with "Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Hot 6 Oil/Motions Salon Herbals Oil Sheen" mixture for 30-45 mins
2. Shampoo with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
3. Condition with Suave Professional Humectant for 30-60 mins

4. Moisturize with ElastaQP Penetrating Moisturizer
Once a month...
1. Clarify with Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo
2. Protein Treatment with Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum for 15-30 mins

After I wash, condition, and moisturize my hair, I will do the following...
Detangle my hair in sections. After detangling one section, I will braid it up. After my entire head is braided up, I will unbraid a section one at a time, apply Silk Elements Glossing Polish, and run a blowdryer with a comb attachment through it.
At night, I will put my oil mixture on my hair sparingly and either put a few rollers in my hair, wrap it, or wear it loose with a satin bonnet over it.
I will do this every 2-3 weeks depending on how fast my new growth reverts back to its curly state. If my hair reverts back after 2 weeks, I may wear a wig for 1 week and then wash & blowdry my hair.

Peachtree said:
Very pretty updates Poohbear :up:

Side note:
I've done the same thing (opened a 2nd Fotki account). I'll post the link when I'm done re-organizing :cool:
I can't wait to see your 2nd fotki account! :yay:

senimoni said:
Very nice looks like your mom is a keeper :-)
Yes, she definitely is.
I told her how I'm gonna imitate what she just did with my hair and she was like "I'll do you're hair for ya' anytime. I'll still take care of my baby." :)

Back