Poohbear Has Weave!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My mom cornrowed my hair in a spiral and sew-in these curly tracks around my hair on Sunday. I really like how my hair looks. My dad try to put me down for wearing it saying things like "You're going to lose my job" , "You're going to satisfy the stereotype of blacks wearing fake hair" and "it's unprofessional and inappropriate". :ohwell: He's ignorant. I told him people know I have hair and that I'm just using weave to grow my hair out and not have to fool with it. he doesn't understand. He even scolded at my mom trying to get her to stop sewing the weave in. He's very crazy and has always been verbally abusive. :( Well, how come everyone at my job likes my hair?!?! :)
Anyway, I plan on wearing this for a month or so and then take it out and maybe put it back in a month later or so. You can see a couple of pics in my 2005 album http://public.fotki.com/poohbear215/2005_pics-1/ (Password: Jesus). Enjoy! :cool:

Last edited:
I agree, your mother did do a wonderful job. Is it possible to get a top view of this? *winkwink**

model_chick717 said:
Very pretty! What kind of hair did she use and is it on a weft or is loose hair? Just curious....

I bought the hair from a beauty supply store. I forgot what kind it was; it had Jazz or Jazzy in the name. I will try to check the package (if it's still at my mom's house) to see what it was again. The color was 1B.
I'm not sure what weft means, all I know it that it was like tracks that she used weave thread to sew it in with. It wasn't loose hair like you would use for braiding. HTH.

It's very nice Poohbear! :) I have had that type of hair in a sew-in before, I think the name is like JazzWave or something like that. When I did my hair like that I would pick the curls apart to give it more volume, and to make it look more "nappy". What can I say I like that big look :look: ... At any rate it looks great, by the way what length did you get?

Poohbear said:
My mom cornrowed my hair in a spiral and sew-in these curly tracks around my hair on Sunday. I really like how my hair looks. My dad try to put me down for wearing it saying things like "You're going to lose my job" , "You're going to satisfy the stereotype of blacks wearing fake hair" and "it's unprofessional and inappropriate". :ohwell: He's ignorant. I told him people know I have hair and that I'm just using weave to grow my hair out and not have to fool with it. he doesn't understand. He even scolded at my mom trying to get her to stop sewing the weave in. He's very crazy and has always been verbally abusive. :( Well, how come everyone at my job likes my hair?!?! :)
Anyway, I plan on wearing this for a month or so and then take it out and maybe put it back in a month later or so. You can see a couple of pics in my 2005 album http://public.fotki.com/poohbear215/2005_pics-1/ (Password: Jersus). Enjoy! :cool:

Awwww Pops is just tripping. He'll get over it. How does wearing weave unprofessional? Pamela Anderson wears weaves and so does Christina Aguilera.

Back