Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Both

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cherokee-n-Black

I'm new to steaming, so I've mainly just been steaming the same way I DC under the dryer. Wet hair, no cap (why do some people steam with caps on,?not sure I get it). Just wondering what methods people are finding most effective and why.

I Steam DC'er on Freshly Co-washed Hair. At some point, I'd like to try Steaming Conditioner on Dry Hair and perhaps also 'attempting' to Steam In Oils.

No Cap

No cap for me under the steamer...I've done on both dry and wet hair. I usually dry steam as needed w/AO GPB or use a moisture DC on wet hair also as needed

No cap
Dry hair w/ only oil
or
Dry hair (or dampened with AVG) and conditioner
always BEFORE I co wash or shampoo

I'm new to steaming, so I've mainly just been steaming the same way I DC under the dryer. Wet hair, no cap (why do some people steam with caps on,?not sure I get it). Just wondering what methods people are finding most effective and why.

where did you buy your steamer

I steam on both wet and dry hair........not much difference except the amount of product used. I really don't see the need for a cap under a streamer....:look:

On shampooed hair, under a cap with conditioner, in the steam room at the gym. H.e.a.v.e.n. :)

No cap.

I usually just DC on damp or dry hair.

Last week I got amazing results by doing the following:

-DC overnight w/ AO HSR

-Take off cap

-apply oil of choice

-steam for 20 minutes.

I normally steam on wet hair with DC. However, I recently started steaming on dry hair w or w/o oil. My issue now is getting all my hair under. I've been using a clip but I'm thinking about using a cap and cutting holes in it to make sure I get the full benefit of steaming.

Cherokee-n-Black Maybe the heat is more important for that treatment session? I don't have heat tools, so thats why both methods work for me. How long do you steam in the steam room?

NappyNelle - about 20 min. It's really not safe to stay in much longer than that--which is why I'd like an at-home model that just steams your head and not your whole body! :lol: It is nice for the face, etc...but it feels like a workout! RE: steaming with the cap, yeah, I guess if that's your only source of heat, that makes sense. But why not lose the cap and let the water molecules in?

Back