Poll: Sedu vs. FHI

Sedu vs. FHI

• sedu

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • FHI

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • they both can't compare to my flat iron (name it, please)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

SleepyJean

I know...I know...I'm asking many flat iron questions, but I'm trying to make sure this flat iron is really good! I don't want to spend my money on something that doesn't work for me. (*cough, CHI, cough, cough*) Name a generic one if you think it's your soul mate and maybe mine. I'm open to new options. I want something to get my hair straight in one swipe. Some of you have find your perfect one swipe iron that works for your hair, but I 'm still looking for mine. I need some thick 4a/b people to respond if possible. I read that LONG thread, and it gave me headache. This is the last time I'm asking about any flat iron, I THINK. I'm so confused. My Walmart iron is looking really good right now.

Last edited:
I have a sedu and I love it. It gets my hair straight in one swipe. I have exteremly thick hair espeacially in the back. My sedu gets my hair very straight. hth

i have the same problem with finding a flat iron. only what ive noticed is the heat protectants i use dont seem to work for me. my hair still seems to be burnt when i flat iron

I have a Sedu and it works wonders on my 4a/b texlaxed hair. I get my hair straight in "two" swipes on low/medium heat. I think it's great that you're asking questions about flat irons. :grin: Besides that's what we're here for.

When I was natural the only thing that straightened out my frizzy ends was the MG (that's right the Maxiglide). I still keep it on retainer for my stretches that go past 12 weeks. The MG got my natural hair relaxer straight on setting 4 or 5. I love it! Just be sure to detangle really well before swiping your strands with it. :rolleyes:

im right behind her on this flat iron deal. ive heard good and bad about the chi and im tired of wasting my money was well. i have 4b relaxed hair and i just recently used some flat iron i got from sallys and i notice my ends are crispy today :nono: that was the part i got trimmed and looked so nice and straight last week, now the ends look and feel brittle and i can tell my hair has been damaged by the heat. have you noticed damage with these flat irons you all suggest?

Sedu is the truth..don't waste your money on nothin else.:grin:

Didn't I see your pic and testimonial on the SEDU website? Actually, I believe it was on folica.com!

I've been researching other flat irons, and had been reading all the many testimonials on the SEDU, and looking at the before/after pics-- then I saw your pic!

I was like---'heyyyyy I know her!'!

:grin:

---------

to answer the OP question, I have a FHI 207 RVI, but I haven't used it enough to make a honest opinion, although I've had it for over a year.

However, the times that I used it, it straighten my hair okay--but had to pass it over my hair about 3 times. Maybe I didn't have the heat high enough. I believe it was on 370. I'm afraid to go higher.

Also after using it a couple of times, that little plastic piece on the side with the FHI logo on it, fell off. Maybe I was too rough....

:look:

I plan to get the SEDU next tho!

I own a Sedu and while I have never used it on my hair, I have used it on others and their hair is always super straight and bouncy. I'm in the market right now for and FHI just because I want one so this thread is right on time.

ETA: I used my Sedu on my mom this weekend and her hair looked like the kind of presses I used to get in Cali. So straight, shiny, sleek and bouncy. It came out beautiful if I may say so myself.

Last edited:
Which sedu do you ladies have? The newer version(that looks like a chi/fhi design wise) or the first generation( with the skinny flat plates)?

Which sedu do you ladies have? The newer version(that looks like a chi/fhi design wise) or the first generation( with the skinny flat plates)?
sedu_iron_big.jpg

I have and LOVE the Sedu pictured above. I use it on mine and my dd's hair (which is THICK and VERY DENSE)...one swipe for both of us.

Didn't I see your pic and testimonial on the SEDU website? Actually, I believe it was on folica.com!

I've been researching other flat irons, and had been reading all the many testimonials on the SEDU, and looking at the before/after pics-- then I saw your pic!

I was like---'heyyyyy I know her!'!

:grin:

:lachen::lachen: Yup, that's me in that old review...lookin goofy and greasy all up on the net. I used to go overboard on the CD Mimosa Hair Honey:lachen::lachen:

I'll never stop praising the Sedu...not never. I got a 1" in 2004 and it lasted me over 4 yrs, I just got a 1.5" and I am soo happy with it as well. I baby my Sedu, if you take care of it, it will last a long time, it's well worth the money in my eyes.

I use the SEDU...the pic in my piki is my hair pressed and that was done with only a blow dry and the SEDU 1 inch and as u can see from the piki I have natural 4b hair...I am thinking of getting a FHI 1/2 inch so I don't have to blow dry my roots...that's what they use in the salon I used to go to and that works pretty well too...I personally LOVE my SEDU...I have had it for about three years now and it still works like new

I just used my Sedu for the first time since I bought it yesterday. Man, I love it! Took no time to straighten my hair and was so easy to use. I had an FHI that I sold. It was okay and straightened pretty well, but I didn't have the ease I had with the Sedu. This thing is great. If it breaks or something I'll buy another. Happy girl, here.

I have both.

I've only used my FHI Runway once though (since I recently got it).

I've had my Sedu since December 2007.

So, I can't compare just yet.

I bought the FHI platform becuase it was on sale at Ulta......haven;t used it yet becasue i am wearing extensions, i read that it was better for natural hair? That would describe me so we'll see.

Back